...and hopefully, they saved the best for last.

Highlights of what's coming

• Small clean diesels for cars.
  • Diesel Wrangler and wrangler line will be expanded, retaining solid front axles.
  • turbo and twin turbo I4's and v6's. The smallest turbo 4 will displace 1.4 liters, and produce 160hp. A new direct injected 2.4 turbo 4 featuring fuels saving "multi-air" tech will produce 300hp. The upcoming pentastar based twin turbo 3.0 v6 will produce 400hp.
  • Non turbo v6's (3.0, 3.3, 3.6) will produce b/w 280hp-300hp depending on applications. May be fitted with multi-air tech as well.
  • 6.4 Hemi v8 is confirmed w/ mult-displacement, though power figures are still vague b/w 450 and 500hp.
  • New Charger will be based more closely to the sleek and slightly retro '99 concept...new teaser pic unveiled below.
  • Sprinter vans will be replaced by Fiat vans.
  • Making a move into HD truck/Semi market with the move to seperate RAM to it's own brand, no longer part of Dodge.

Since the plan is being unfolded today, and will continue, I'll probably update the list later. I want to confirm what the plans are for transmissions before posting.

Other news of note:

• Viper will continue for 500 more cars, a replacement considered for 2012.
  • Dakota to be replaced by 2011, perhaps with a car based platform vehicle (think the car based honda ridgeline).
  • Frank assessment of interiors, all cars (including challenger) to be revitalized/updated in this regard by 2011.
  • Chrysler midsizes to be replaced by fiat based models in 2012. Sebring/Avenger will get siginificant refresh w/ new engines, trans, chassis tunning, interior/exterior refresh til then.
  • Nitro/Liberty to receive significant refresh/resegmenting by 2011.
  • Patriot/Compass to be replaced by 2012.