Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Agree

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Cooper View Post
    The team is not getting him sacked when he holds the ball to long. He does. he will beat Randy Wrights sacks in one year easily this year. lol

Agree all the way with ya Coop !

I wonder how Brent would be doing this year with that O line? Think he would be in just as big of a mess as Rodgers? He may not have as many sacks, but instead he would have a ton of INTs throwing it away to avoid the sack.

I think everyone would agree, no matter who it is, the QB for the Packers would be in deep shit, one way or another behind that line.

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    He'd probably be doing just fine cause he knows when to get rid of a football. Rodgers is the reason for atleast half of those sacks if not more.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

Quote Originally Posted by badass88gt View Post
    I wonder how Brent would be doing this year with that O line? Think he would be in just as big of a mess as Rodgers? He may not have as many sacks, but instead he would have a ton of INTs throwing it away to avoid the sack.

I think everyone would agree, no matter who it is, the QB for the Packers would be in deep shit, one way or another behind that line.
    He did play behind some crap lines. Remember Ted's brainstorm to let Wahl and Rivera go at the same time. We still haven't recovered from that.

I take birdshit personally.

why hasn't tauscher started??

They say he still isn't ready.

I take birdshit personally.

Maybe had Thompson not tried to save a couple bucks and got him during the bye week, he'd have been ready for the big game.

Oh wait that's right, the bottom line is more important to Thompson then winning games.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

Was always number 2 to farve, his backup, and still plays like it, and acts like a number 2.. this team is fucked with the horrible o-line too......
    2009 Harley Nightster.
    One day we will have muscle cars again....
    -Jimmy E.

Im not a packers fan but I dont see how any QB could get rid of the ball with the Packs front line, pressure comes from both side at the start of the snap as far as I can see.

This year these are 2 totaly diffent teams, if the two met every weekend I think the outcome would be the same everytime, all year (bias: Im a Vikes fan).
    http://sites.google.com/site/russjerome/
    Watching the country collapse in front of me while nobody else notices...

Thats the point I was getting at. Brent would certainly get rid of the ball to avoid half of the sacks. Then again, chances are he would just throw it away, to the wrong team.

I'd actually wouldn't mind seeing Rodgers throw a couple picks. Fuck take a chance sometimes. Have some faith in your WR's to make a play. When you're down a couple scores you have to do something. What difference does it make if you lose by 7 or by 21? It's still a loss. But atleast you throw the ball up and try to make something happen. The Packers WR group is one of the best in the league, give them a chance. It's like he only thows to somebody if they are wide open.

That and he needs to show some leadership on the field and not get his pouty face on when things go bad. He looks like a 10 year old who's parents took his gameboy away from him when things go wrong. Get in a players face, show some fire. Be a leader.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

some int's would ruin his stats though. qb rating doesn't win games. favre's lifetime rating is what in the 80's? and he is the winngest qb in history. can't throw touchdowns if you don't throw the ball. i agree with karps. take a damn chance once in awhile. trust is huge in football and he doesn't trust his receivers.
    Brandon
    2004.5 K2500hd LLY Dmax/Allison EC/SB - Minor Mod's
    2005 Trailblazer Lt 4x4 - Wife's - Stock
    PS3HANDLE:SilverStreak82

Favre looked awesome yesterday and so did Rodgers. Too bad I can't say the same for the rest of GB. Jolly needs to be stabbed with a knife that has AIDS on it so he can die a painfully slow death for that stupid ass childish shit he pulled. Also all the penalties need to stop, its past the pathetic point.

Other than that, the better team won! Go Favre and Green Bay its time to step it up! Its wild card or nothing now!!

I could care less about Favre and Ted needs to go, but I'll support my home team like I've been doing since I've been a Packer fan and not follow a football player.

I'm a Packer fan, I'm a Jets fan, I'm now a Vikings fan and I'm a fucking follower! Sheeps and Eagles people, give me a break!
    -Josh

Tork Tech Thunderbird

God Bless the men & women who have served and serving to keep us free

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    Just makes me laugh at how many packers have left and gone to other teams,never have they had such a bad welcome back as Brett did.Maybe its because he brought two cans of whoop ass with him lol

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Cooper View Post
    Just makes me laugh at how many packers have left and gone to other teams,never have they had such a bad welcome back as Brett did.Maybe its because he brought two cans of whoop ass with him lol
    2008 Bullitt

Quote Originally Posted by OxmanWI View Post
    I could care less about Favre and Ted needs to go, but I'll support my home team like I've been doing since I've been a Packer fan and not follow a football player.

I'm a Packer fan, I'm a Jets fan, I'm now a Vikings fan and I'm a fucking follower! Sheeps and Eagles people, give me a break!

Well put!

Second Amendment = Reset button for the Constitution.
    17 Yr. GM Master Technician, (Ret.)
    Type 01-Federal Firearms License Holder
    Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Contact me with your firearm needs
    '02 FLHTCUI- 95"- 106HP

And 4 wins to show for it, 3 of which came over teams who have won only 1 game all year. Wow. What an amazing QB.
    I don't play the QB is responsible for all wins/loses game. They get too much credit for wins and too much blame in losses.

If Rodgers were in MN and Favre in GB, the records would be the same, IMO. Rodgers is fine, he might hold the ball too long this year but Favre will always break down and make too many dumb mistakes in select games that cost his team. He's playing great but has a very good team around him, can't say the same for Rodgers especially with our O-line and inability to put on any pash rush. Vikings are just a better team than the Packers right now. I'm still waiting to see how Brett holds up by the end of the season/Playoffs.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

I love all the excuses Rodgers gets. What was the excuse last year? The team he took over was essentially the same team as the year before that went 13-3. And he won 6 games. Same O Line, Same Defense.

Like Favre never played with a bad Defense, or a bad O Line, or bad RB's. For a guy who made so many bad decisions funny how he won so many games and got the team to the playoffs as much as he did.

I'd understand the Rodgers nut hugging if he actually accomplished something. But the guy hasn't won jack shit besides beating a bunch of bad teams. Rodgers may end up being a great QB someday. But he's far from doing anything so far but put up some personal stats. BFD, he should be able to with those WR's.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

Remember Ted's brainstorm to let Wahl and Rivera go at the same time. We still haven't recovered from that.
    Was it really that dumb of an idea? It seemed so at the time but where where those guys 2-3 years later while teams still had to spend 3-4 million per year?

Call me a nut hugger but ripping him for not "being-a-winner" at this point in his career is stupid. Make that argument 5-6 years from now if he hasn't done anything....even then remember a QB is one player on a team of 56(?) guys. They can't win them alone.

Favre haters and Favre "nut huggers" don't get it. The truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Favre played under a great coach and GM for the first half of his career, that helps. I realize people are emotionally tied to him, I like him alot too, he symbolizes the change, hope and winning teams Packer fans had starting in 92' when the whole team and front office was revamped.
    Last edited by PB86MCSS; 11-03-2009 at 07:12 PM.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares