Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar

What's on the radar for this winter?

Anyone got any plans for their cars?

I have just about everything I need for my 4-speed conversion. Hope all goes well in spring and can tackle that right away. Need to find and fix the source of my rough idle. I have a hunch its intake gaskets so I'll plan to do those right away also. Need to keep on my W-motor project. That will be ongoing but I hope I can put a dent in that during the off season also.

What do you guys have planned?
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

get my dads car to start and stay running, then get the interior and glass in it...then just the final peices and have it be a finished car for spring :-)
    -Kyle

2006 F350 6.0 CCLB DRW Lariat
    Gearhead, Holders Diesel, Retro Solutions, Pure Diesel Power, Screamin Eagle, Spyder Industries, Recon, Dirty Diesels
    KCCO!

Well hopefully I can scrape together enough extra $$$ to get my seats done. Also finish up the brakes and maybe decide which carb I'm using
    And like I've said the last few years.... hopefully it'll be ready for spring
    Jamie

01 F150 Screw 5.4 4x4 99 VW Jetta 64 Olds Cutlass
    83 Cutlass Gbody Wagon 85 Suzuki GS700ES needs some new parts now

my winter project will consist of alot of donuts and drifting in parking lots with the subie. winter is going to be more fun than summer for me. STI FTW!!!!!

Try to decide if I want to keep my car or be more proactive about selling it. I have a line on a very clean 1st gen that needs resto but would be a very nice car to have. I don't believe I can swing having both.

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Selling or trading. I got two potential trades (one for a lil' red express truck + cash, another for a demon 340 - cash), and two potential sales in various forms of agreement.

If niether of the two happen by spring, I'll probably look to get the body/paint done up to show quality to match the interior work.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

I hope to finish my Winter 2008 list that never really got started. Never even drove the car this year.

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    new trans, narrow the rear, relocate springs, new carb. all should be done by xmas, then I start working on the wife's car, a 65 galaxie 4 door.
    1969 Torino

NEW BEST TIME
    12.8@105...if only my convertor wasnt a slipping pile of ^$(@

Still looking to sell/trade before winter (both my el camino and my bike) Had a guy offer me a 74 gran torino that I may be interested in, I do want a trad rod/tri five really bad... otherwise if I keep the elco this winter I'll probably do some bodywork and other minor things, but I will be helping my dad with his Bel Air for sure!!

Money Comes and Money Goes,
    But Rat Fink is Forever
    "There isn't a man living who isn't capable of doing more than he thinks he can." Henry Ford

I hopefully will be getting my Challenger roller back from OTE and start assembling it...
    96 Viper GTS Underground Racing Twin 78mm Precision turbos, Proline 510 stroker-1483RWHP
    73 Challenger Bickel Chassis, Indy 572 HEMI-860HP
    67 Plymouth Fury Police Pursuit, Indy 505-600HP
    94 Stealth RT/TT built 6G72, 13G, FMIC
    75 Trailduster 440 Convertible
    92 Galant VR4 #848
    04 Neon SRT4 Mods!

its almost that time again Ricky Bobby's Avatar
    get some tires on the monte and drive it in the spring no monies to get the whole paint and body work done so itll be just enjoyin the new 406 and get to build my 96 buick roadmaster to smash at waukesha next yr thats getting a new cam and got a new rear end a 12 bolt with 4:56 out of a impala

Ol' School
    car is done. I dont mean broke done but just done for putting money into it. I wish I could do more projects but money isnt there to do what I want. Dont have an extra 10K laying around so it stays as it is and gets the piss drivin out of it in the spring.

now......Cant say I wont be modding a bike a little LOL. Currently shopping for a 2 wheeled toy.

Wife Approved Toys
    03 Mach 1
    98 GSXR 750

I plan on finally retiring my $70 Summit camshaft, I'm switching to a .590 ish solid roller. It's taken a couple years to gather the funds for the swap, but it should really wake the car up. I'm also going to ditch the stock 14"x6" front steel wheels (with the original tires still on them....it's getting scary) and go with the steel 15"x4" wheel vintiques.....and I'm keeping the factory dog dishes on it. Paint is going to have to wait again, but it seems like tan is making a comeback, lol.
    2005 Chevy C1500 ECSB
    2008 Mustang GT 5-Speed Grocery Getter
    1979 Z28 4-Speed
    1996 XJ Cherokee

Actually my winter project is almost done. Im a downpipe and accessport away from stage 2 on the sti!!! I have had the car just over a month and will be stage 2 before my first oil change haha...

Quote Originally Posted by Yeehaw View Post
    get my dads car to start and stay running, then get the interior and glass in it...then just the final peices and have it be a finished car for spring :-)
    I just noticed.......the Hodag is going to eat your truck!!!

install a stage 1, plugs and cai on my cali srt4, then hopefully get lowering springs/exhaust by spring.

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    I wanna TVS,I just have to cell my T-trim set up,anyone with a 05-09 and newer that needs one its a polished kit with aftercooler.

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

I'm tryin to pick up a '86 Capri, when and if I get that it is getting put in storage until I buy a house. It's a major project that is gonna take up the better part of a two car garage, so it's gonna get moth balled til I have my own place.
    Mustang is getting put away for the winter, and come spring it's getting painted. A motor is in it's near future, but nothing cool. Prolly just a .030 over 302 with a cam. If the Capri don't happen it's getting IRS or PB/TA.

The ZRX is getting the parts I bought two years ago installed: a heavily ported head with ZX11 valve spring, slotted cam gears, ZX11 cams, and a 12.5:1 CR 1109cc kit. Brake calipers need to be rebuilt, and it needs rotors. Prolly gonna go with Gafler or some other of pedal style rotor. Gonna do some SS braided brake lines, chain and sprockets while it's apart.

Manual---> auto swap already started, damage repair on the DD, need to insulate the garage within the next week or 2.

McCormick's Speed Shop built

1991 Mustang LX *parting out*
    2000 Civic

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Deal made, coronet will be going to a new home. Will post pics of new car when we make the swap....probably the 15th of nov. Now I may do a head/cam swap, and add headers for the spring!
    Last edited by Prince Valiant; 11-03-2009 at 09:22 AM.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!