Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to BCM

I've read a few post on other boards of guys with this tune pushing 30 psi but my understanding is its for a larger aftermarket turbo not the stock one, 24-25 psi is the safe max psi on the stock one other wise your overspinning it and it won't last for shit. I looking to get mine tuned for no more than 22 psi just to stay on the safe side.

todd you came to the right place!! Welcome to the site. There are a few cobalt guys on here that can definately answer any questions that you have, and I like to think that I am one of them.

I just finished doing a s20g turbo swap on my 06 cobalt ss supercharged, with the help from local friends on the site. All I need is tuning. I was talking to badls1 on the site, but he hasn't responded to me, so I'm probably going to go to a tuner up in green bay, who is also reputable.

22psi is definately a safe boost level, and I think you should easily be over 300hp, and higher torque. Have you thought about doing a hard pipe kit? Maybe bigger intercooler?

Play PS3 with ME!
    Hooray for tuning!

wow....you cobalt guys are crazy....I can't imagine pushing the stock turbo that hard. What turbo is in there stock anyways?

\/ What amazing looks like \/
    Quote Originally Posted by srt4eh View Post
    wow....you cobalt guys are crazy....I can't imagine pushing the stock turbo that hard. What turbo is in there stock anyways?
    this turbo can take it..

Yep, it shoots fireballs!!! stealthy1ss's Avatar

I believe that the stock turbo is a K04.

Chrysler Certified Technician Plum Crazy's Avatar
    Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning

Quote Originally Posted by srt4eh View Post
    Thats because its a Chrysler Product.

And Todd, welcome!
    2010 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic Plum Crazy Purple
    2003 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab Flame Red
    1967 AMC Ambassador Convertible

Chrysler Certified Technician Plum Crazy's Avatar
    Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning

Quote Originally Posted by That_Guy View Post
    this turbo can take it..

I heard you like to take it as well...

2010 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic Plum Crazy Purple
    2003 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab Flame Red
    1967 AMC Ambassador Convertible

Post whore
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthy1ss View Post
    I believe that the stock turbo is a K04.
    That's what i found with a quick google search, seems like there should be more to it. It looks to flow like a evo III 16G. Probably runs out of steam at about 20-22 psi.

On the other had i ran 31 psi on an Evo IX turbo( on E-85) and made the numbers in my sig. The factory stuff isn't like the T-25's on the 2 gen eclipses' any more
    2005 DSOM Corvette, Z51, M6, Z06 Mufflers

Turbo is a K04 twin scroll. Turbo is good until about 7k rpm, and about 24-25psi, and because its a twin scroll, its spools relatively quick.

K04 Turbo Twin Scroll

Maximum flow:......... .21 kg/s or 380.6 cfm
    Optimum output:....... 185 kW or 248chp

Efficiency Range: 15-25psi

Compression Map

Play PS3 with ME!
    Hooray for tuning!

Quote Originally Posted by CobaltSSTuner View Post
    All I need is tuning. I was talking to badls1 on the site, but he hasn't responded to me, so I'm probably going to go to a tuner up in green bay, who is also reputable.

22psi is definately a safe boost level, and I think you should easily be over 300hp, and higher torque. Have you thought about doing a hard pipe kit? Maybe bigger intercooler?
    I talked to badls1 and he never tuned a LNF before so I'm most likely going to go with a guy in Ohio "WickedSS2005 from cobaltss.net" I looked locally for a tuner with experiance on the newer cobalts be haven't found anybody, please tell me a little more about this guy/shop in Greenbay?

For now I'm going with just the tune but next summer I want to get a downpipe, new pipeing from the turbo back, I haven't heard anything good about cold air kits for the LNF's yet most people are doing a air box mod which I'll do and then get retuned. -Todd

Post whore
    They are probably refering to Beyond Redline in Green Bay. They have a website. Not sure if they can tune GM products though. They have an AWD dynojet, i ran my evo on it for the hell of it but had it tunned down at AMS.
    2005 DSOM Corvette, Z51, M6, Z06 Mufflers

Beyond redline is a solid shop!

Quote Originally Posted by todd4417 View Post
    I talked to badls1 and he never tuned a LNF before so I'm most likely going to go with a guy in Ohio "WickedSS2005 from cobaltss.net" I looked locally for a tuner with experiance on the newer cobalts be haven't found anybody, please tell me a little more about this guy/shop in Greenbay?

For now I'm going with just the tune but next summer I want to get a downpipe, new pipeing from the turbo back, I haven't heard anything good about cold air kits for the LNF's yet most people are doing a air box mod which I'll do and then get retuned. -Todd
    WickedSS2005 is a really good tuner. I have yet to hear bad review from him.

Ebristol (he is on cobaltss.net) He has a E85 converted TVS charged redline. He has done all of his tuning, and works very closely with Over The Top Performance. He's a solid option as well. I'm looking at having him tune me.

The hard piping kit, replaces the stock plastic piping, allowing better flow.

http://cobalt.dejonpowerhouse.com/

Just something to think about They also have quality Short ram intakes

Play PS3 with ME!
    Hooray for tuning!

Yep, it shoots fireballs!!! stealthy1ss's Avatar

Another recomendation for a tuner is 06black on .net. He has tuned some very fast cars including his 500+hp and tq turbo'd LSJ. If you can wait until April a few of the cobalt tuners come to a meet that is held in Illinois.

Another recomendation for a tuner is 06black on .net. He has tuned some very fast cars including his 500+hp and tq turbo'd LSJ. If you can wait until April a few of the cobalt tuners come to a meet that is held in Illinois.
    I thought about going to him to. Might do that with winter coming up fast, get the bolt on first during the winter and then tune next spring.

Another very good tuner if you don't have a problem going out of state.

Good call!

Play PS3 with ME!
    Hooray for tuning!

Quote Originally Posted by 05 SC/SB View Post
    Thats because its a Chrysler Product.

And Todd, welcome!
    I was more saying any stock turbo rather than just Chrysler projects But hey...now this Cobalt turbo thing has me interested...lol

^^^You should be interested, its actually pretty sweet.

/side note (sorry todd )/

Hows ur s20g srt4?

/end side note/

Play PS3 with ME!
    Hooray for tuning!