Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I just finished watching the fight two times (back to back) and this time I'm stone cold sober.......

I still believe SHOgun *won* the fight but it's not as obvious as it may have appeared the first time around. While watching it the second time in a row I started to think why I and many others thought SHOgun had it in the bag. I think it comes down to the fact that Machida has been nearly untouchable up until this fight. For that reason the strikes SHOgun landed appeared much more noticeable compared to Machida's. I'm not taking anything away from SHOgun but perception played a big role in this fight and I’m positive it influenced many opinions on who was the obvious winner.....

*If taking into consideration the unwritten rule of clearly beating the champion I now agree with the judges. However, if this fight was looked at on an even playing field or wasn't a championship fight then SHOgun wins without a doubt*

Another thing to do is turn the sound off, the fight is seen in a little different perspective when Rogan and Goldberg aren't blabbing. A very close decision but I still think rua should have squeaked it out.
    -Tyler

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bag View Post
    Another thing to do is turn the sound off, the fight is seen in a little different perspective when Rogan and Goldberg aren't blabbing. A very close decision but I still think rua should have squeaked it out.
    Tyler that is another great point I forgot to mention in my last post. I started to notice that very thing while watching the fight for the second time in a row yesterday. They were swinging from SHOgun's nuts like a bunch of monkeys calling his offensive moves like they were all fight ending shots. They also started calling rounds (incorrectly) which only added to the decision outrage. I think their perspective on the fight was altered just like everyone else's.....

Yeah it was pretty pathetic, he would scratch Machida and they made it sound like his hits were round winning.
    -Tyler

The rematch will be a GOOD one......

I have no idea where I am 94greenbandit's Avatar
    If Machida recovers from his surgery

Machida will be ready to go when the time comes......