Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    So a guy gets laid off from Harley, starts his own company, gets bought out by the company he was laid off from, then the company closes it. It's an odd story.
    Online Drag Racing -------Reaction Time Tester!
    Red 1982 Trans Am MSE Hooker 1 5/8, 3 inches back, 3:73s ---- Red 1990 Formula with ZZ4 motor, Hooker 2055s, American Thunder catback ---- Black 1991 GTA with 3 inch Flowmaster Catback system ---- Black 2002 WS6 Bone Stock

Suck Squish Bang Blow

Senior Member..now yer posting! Troutman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GTSLOW View Post
    Tim, he'll have been with Buell for 20 years in February. Was talking with him today.
    Quote Originally Posted by SSmike1 View Post
    my Brother is Tim Mlinar!
    he is a silly goose!
    no, its Tim Mlinar.
    he started with Eric when he was in the garage in Mukwanago.

Timmay! i never realized he was there that long. hes a real good guy..little out there with all the guns, but a good guy. hes helped me here and there with some machining when ive been in a bind

Quote Originally Posted by deuceWI View Post
    That sucks

They finally come out with a bike with a decent motor (1125R) and now they have to go away. I was hoping that within a couple years they'd figure out how to hide those hideous radiators better, and if they did I would have been down at the dealer in a flash.

Does Buell leaving mean HD will become even more stagnant in their R&D?
    They acually were planing that for 2011 the 125 was supose to have a redesigned exhaust and underseat radiator to get rid of the PODs in the front. I'm not a huge buell fan as none of them really fit me but its sad to see them go. I have friends with buells and they love em. Acually all of them were on the news on fox 6 at hals!
    Last edited by lilws6; 10-16-2009 at 11:06 AM.
    2001 Trans Am WS6, Race car
    [COLOR="Blue"]2006 Tacoma Xrunner

<div class="imlinks"> <div class="popupmenu vehicleaction"> <a class="popupctrl" href="#"><strong>Vehicles</strong></a> <ul class="popupbody popuphover vehicleaction_body"> <li class="left"><a href="http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/garage_ve
    Quote Originally Posted by lilws6 View Post
    They acually were planing taht for 2011 the 125 was supose to have a redesigned exhaust and underdeat radiator to get rid of the PODs in the front. I'm not a huge buell fan as none of them really fit me buyt its sad to see them go. I have friends with buells and they love em. Acually all of them were on the news on fox 6 at hals!
    I thought I typed for shit.
    2002 Trans AM Ws6 M6 Black on Black. Procharged
    2011 GMC Sierra All Terrain
    2009 Infiniti G37x

yea i don't really pay attention. i dont' have spell check lol

Quote Originally Posted by Troutman View Post
    styling dept. you said your uncle has been there for 18 years? that has to be Henry, Tommy or Dan?
    Can I ask in all honesty why those vents in the front of the 1125cr had to be so big and ugly? Have you seen any good examples of people getting rid of those?

there is a Big difference between
    a 4 cylinder 19,000 RPM motor,
    and
    a 2 cylinder 8,000 rpm motor.

the 2 cylinder should have 700 more CC's
    to keep up with the rpm difference.

The direct relationship to HP,
    is CC's = Displacment
    and the RPM's turned.

example,
    500cc turning 20,000 rpms
    will equal
    1000CC turning 10,000 rpms.

the same ammount of air will be Pumped through both motors.
    Suzuki wasn't racing their TL1000R's with the 600 CC sport bikes back in 1998. Those bikes could have damn near kept up with the 1125, and they were designed 12 years ago.
    iPedal : AIM:BMXpORK : Milwaukee, Wi : SUICIDEDOORS

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

Honda wasn't out there with RC51's either.

Quote Originally Posted by Exitspeed View Post
    Can I ask in all honesty why those vents in the front of the 1125cr had to be so big and ugly? Have you seen any good examples of people getting rid of those?
    those pods direct the air to the radiators to cool it since this was there first liquid cool buell. they had plans of changing that i've been told. If you remove them you would have to find some place to put the radiators

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    Suzuki wasn't racing their TL1000R's with the 600 CC sport bikes back in 1998. Those bikes could have damn near kept up with the 1125, and they were designed 12 years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by -stew- View Post
    Liberal motor cycle riders I tell ya. You'd think people would support American brands in a time like this.

Japanese brands = millions of research and what not.

Buell = true American motor cycle that owned the AMA without all that bs.
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

^^^how truely American can a motorcycle be when its motor was designed and assembled in Austria, by an Austrian company? Buell skirted the homoligation rules for no reason other than to built a "competative" bike it would have never sold due to cost.

Honda designed, built, and competed with a V4 motorcycle that had oval pistons and 8 valves per cylinder. And they sold it for the street with the same waranty as any other bike on the floor.

The flag waving by HD owners is utter BS. Walk into a HD dealer, pick up 20 items off the shelf; I'd bet at best 3 are made in the USA.

WHO LAUGHS LAST THINKS SLOWEST GRAMPS SS's Avatar

sorry to hear Todd...hopefully something will come your way..your very talented....we need to do lunch ...i'll make time for it..we'll take Ron with us and snapper

i gueass the shirts i made are collectables...
    R.I.P BOB BUDDY

Everyday driver...2010 EXPLORER

Weekend car....1970 DUSTER 340 Now with a 416 w/ EFI SIX PACK

Quote Originally Posted by lilws6 View Post
    those pods direct the air to the radiators to cool it since this was there first liquid cool buell. they had plans of changing that i've been told. If you remove them you would have to find some place to put the radiators
    If they didn't stick out so far past the fork tubes and they were more streamline looking they wouldn't be bad. They are just ruining the bike for me.

I was digging around on this and I believe the problem of Buell closing can be traced to Doyle's shenanigans. The HD company, the Museum, and Buell used to be on their own books. Since combined book keeping instituted by the state, meaning all three are combined as far as books are concerned, this caused the taxes paid by HD to actually increase. They couldn't get a tax break any more if one of these was in the red. Not saying what was in the red, but I'm assuming HD and the museum. If combined and they show an actual profit combined, they gotta pay more tax. I wish there was a way to try and keep Buell viable. Maybe employee buy out? Selling to another manufacturer?

I made this post all by myself with no supervision.

Quote Originally Posted by Exitspeed View Post
    If they didn't stick out so far past the fork tubes and they were more streamline looking they wouldn't be bad. They are just ruining the bike for me.
    they do bug me as well. i wish i could have seen what the new ones were supposed to look like with out them

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

there is a Big difference between
    a 4 cylinder 19,000 RPM motor,
    and
    a 2 cylinder 8,000 rpm motor.

the 2 cylinder should have 700 more CC's
    to keep up with the rpm difference.

The direct relationship to HP,
    is CC's = Displacment
    and the RPM's turned.

example,
    500cc turning 20,000 rpms
    will equal
    1000CC turning 10,000 rpms.

the same ammount of air will be Pumped through both motors.
    This is the same concept that the AMA allowed for years when four strokes got big in MX, 250 four strokes would run with the 125 2 strokes.
    70 cutlass 442- dads car
    95 stang- Stock long block 195,XXX miles
    03 XC600 - bone stock (still faster then smokin ram)
    03 Polaris predator- 4.250 bore (assembly required)
    84- 4 eyed

Quote Originally Posted by GTSLOW View Post
    that was a huge mistake by buell IMO.

im sure the badgering about one of your own creations does alot for your customer..
    Check out our NEW online store!
    http://store.clocksoffracing.com/

on a side note,we sold the last of our buells since the announcement.
    Check out our NEW online store!
    http://store.clocksoffracing.com/

Post whore
    Quote Originally Posted by -stew- View Post
    Honda ran their RC-51 1000cc V-twin in AMA Superbike, thats right, with the inline-4 liter bikes. They did quite well actually, thats what Nicky Hayden rode to an AMA superbike championship in 02. Moving to MotoGP the next year.

Also on the rev ranges of the two different bikes:

The 1125 looks to redline around 11k, not 8k like said before.

Most 600's will rev out to about 17k, not 19k like said above.

I'm sad to see them go, but you can't really say it was a GREAT, championship winning motorcycle.
    2005 DSOM Corvette, Z51, M6, Z06 Mufflers