Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by -stew- View Post
    And as a side note Buel/HD was pumping HUGE amounts of money to the AMA. Enough money that the AMA overlooked equally huge rule infractions by Buel. Winning a championship is easy when you don't have to follow the rules everyone else does.

Please explain.
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by GTSLOW View Post
    Please explain.
    http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bike...5rr-race-bike/

Motor Cyclist had a good article in this months issue explaining it. I can't find that online, though. AMA Superbike racing is supposed to start with a showroom stock, street legal, publicly available bike. The bike Buel used was not the publicly available, show room stock, street legal floor model.

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    Not to start a shit storm, but the 1125r is powered by a Rotax motor, and wasn't the v-rod motor designed and build in Europe? By Porche?

And as a side note Buel /HD was pumping HUGE amounts of money to the AMA. Enough money that the AMA overlooked equally huge rule infractions by Buel. Winning a championship is easy when you don't have to follow the rules everyone else does.

It sucks to see another local company go down. I wonder Iif Eric Buel will be able to take his stake in the company and continue building bikes "in his garage" so to speak. That would be cool. Give them back some of the uniqueness and character they had before he got in bed with HD.

Motor Cyclist had a good article in this months issue explaining it. I can't find that online, though. AMA Superbike racing is supposed to start with a showroom stock, street legal, publicly available bike. The bike Buel used was not the publicly available, show room stock, street legal floor model.
    BUELL

PORSCHE

Senior Member..now yer posting! Troutman's Avatar
    i have worked for Buell for almost 7 years. i never realized how fortunate i was to work with so many talented people, in an amazing industry until today. to think of what we...200 people in a small town did was truly amazing....taking on the big japanese companies that employ thousands. its really sad because we were so close to putting ourselves on the map and then this happens...barely a month removed from winning the AMA Daytona sportbike championship. (the first time in 30+years by an American company). Say what you will about the AMA and the rules. But what it comes down to is a small number of AMERICANS building an AMERICAN product that competed..and won. not to mention finishing 6,7,8,12 in the final 2 SUPERBIKE races of the year. (there is alot more to this than people know...all they hear is 1125cc vs 600cc.)

this was by far the best place anyone could ask to work for. we were a small family, we knew everyones first name, and we knew about everyones family. i would be fortunate to work for another company that is half of what Buell is.

as for where i go now..who knows. Chances are very slim that will be able to find work in the same industry. i'll end up working in a cubical, working on some simple product, counting the seconds until 5.
    i'll always cherish the time i spent and Buell, and the part i played in what we accomplished...it was an honor working with everyone involved

^
    Damn sorry to hear that man. Good luck and I hope you find something good.

The liked the CR over-all but the front scoop thingies and the exhaust killed it. Those are an easy fix though. Maybe I'll pick up a used one now down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Troutman View Post
    i have worked for Buell for almost 7 years. i never realized how fortunate i was to work with so many talented people, in an amazing industry until today. to think of what we...200 people in a small town did was truly amazing....taking on the big japanese companies that employ thousands. its really sad because we were so close to putting ourselves on the map and then this happens...barely a month removed from winning the AMA Daytona sportbike championship. (the first time in 30+years by an American company). Say what you will about the AMA and the rules. But what it comes down to is a small number of AMERICANS building an AMERICAN product that competed..and won. not to mention finishing 6,7,8,12 in the final 2 SUPERBIKE races of the year. (there is alot more to this than people know...all they hear is 1125cc vs 600cc.)

this was by far the best place anyone could ask to work for. we were a small family, we knew everyones first name, and we knew about everyones family. i would be fortunate to work for another company that is half of what Buell is.

as for where i go now..who knows. Chances are very slim that will be able to find work in the same industry. i'll end up working in a cubical, working on some simple product, counting the seconds until 5.
    i'll always cherish the time i spent and Buell, and the part i played in what we accomplished...it was an honor working with everyone involved
    Sorry to hear that Todd, when i heard they were shutting there doors i rememberd you working there. I hope everything goes well for you.

Harley just can't go fast. The 1125R was an extremely well balanced bike but it couldn't compete, just like most other Harley Davidson machines can't.

Sucks to see even more people out of work.
    iPedal : AIM:BMXpORK : Milwaukee, Wi : SUICIDEDOORS

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

I really feel for you. I work for Custom Wire Industries and we supplied your battery cables and ground straps and even did some one off stuff for the racing bikes. I really enjoyed being a part of that.

I made this post all by myself with no supervision.

I rode my friends XB9 and I liked it, was kind of weird riding a bike so short in length, felt like I was sitting on the handelbars
    Jamie

01 F150 Screw 5.4 4x4 99 VW Jetta 64 Olds Cutlass
    83 Cutlass Gbody Wagon 85 Suzuki GS700ES needs some new parts now

You work at the factory?
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

That's like reading a liberal article on CNN. But believe what you want. Buell will live on forever in hearts of true Americans

Senior Member..now yer posting! Troutman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GTSLOW View Post
    You work at the factory?
    styling dept. you said your uncle has been there for 18 years? that has to be Henry, Tommy or Dan?

Troutman, sorry to hear you are out of a job. You seem to take great pride in what you do. Take that passion with you to your next job and you'll do fine.

Nan, how does the link parallel CNN liberalism? Buell was running a motor 525CCs bigger than its Japanese competition, and 225 CCs bigger then the Euro's

styling dept. you said your uncle has been there for 18 years? that has to be Henry, Tommy or Dan?
    Tim, he'll have been with Buell for 20 years in February. Was talking with him today.

Nan, how does the link parallel CNN liberalism? Buell was running a motor 525CCs bigger than its Japanese competition, and 225 CCs bigger then the Euro's
    How exactly did they buy out the AMA or bypass the infraction? I dunno, I'm sure my opinion is bias due to the Buell heritage in my family.

Scott Walker for President. SSmike1's Avatar
    my Brother is Tim Mlinar!
    he is a silly goose!

2000 SS camaro

no, its Tim Mlinar.
    he started with Eric when he was in the garage in Mukwanago.

2000 SS camaro

They are selling MV Augusta as well!!!! They just bought them last year! Horrible for Buell, but this sounds like bad news might be coming for HD as well

there is a Big difference between
    a 4 cylinder 19,000 RPM motor,
    and
    a 2 cylinder 8,000 rpm motor.

the 2 cylinder should have 700 more CC's
    to keep up with the rpm difference.

The direct relationship to HP,
    is CC's = Displacment
    and the RPM's turned.

example,
    500cc turning 20,000 rpms
    will equal
    1000CC turning 10,000 rpms.

the same ammount of air will be Pumped through both motors.

2000 SS camaro

^^ There we go.