Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Buell is done making bikes

Check out our NEW online store!
    http://store.clocksoffracing.com/

Just heard that on the news
    EMT/Fire fighters- " this ain’t a job. It ain’t an occupation. It’s a calling. A need. A desire that you feel in your bones and your brains and your nut-sack."Tommy Gavin(Denis Leary)

probably a wise move.

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    Bummer.... Does that mean my Buell is a collector item now ?

Wow, that caught me off guard. I thought they would be around for a long time especially after the 1125r was brought to market. I guess that's the end of the American sportbike.

Money Comes and Money Goes,
    But Rat Fink is Forever
    "There isn't a man living who isn't capable of doing more than he thinks he can." Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by xFullThrottlex View Post
    Wow, that caught me off guard. I thought they would be around for a long time especially after the 1125r was brought to market. I guess that's the end of the American sportbike.
    thats another bike that "never took off",much like the v-rod.
    sad to say,i think those two bikes (1125r and v-rod)are prob the best engineered and well built bikes by Buell/HD

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    This sucks for my uncle 18+ years at Buell in R&D. He's been working there since Erik needed a machinist in his garage. :Stare
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by website
    Why is Harley-Davidson discontinuing Buell after the recent new product introductions, racing success and new brand efforts?
    The Company made the decision to discontinue the Buell product line as part of its strategy to focus on growth through the Harley-Davidson brand.

I'm sure there's more to it that we know.
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    oops double post.
    Last edited by CannotPost; 10-15-2009 at 09:13 AM. Reason: double

Senior Member..now yer posting! deuceWI's Avatar
    That sucks

They finally come out with a bike with a decent motor (1125R) and now they have to go away. I was hoping that within a couple years they'd figure out how to hide those hideous radiators better, and if they did I would have been down at the dealer in a flash.

Does Buell leaving mean HD will become even more stagnant in their R&D?

Quote Originally Posted by juicedimpss View Post
    sad to say,i think those two bikes (1125r and v-rod)are prob the best engineered and well built bikes by Buell/HD

quoted for truth.

Money Comes and Money Goes,
    But Rat Fink is Forever
    "There isn't a man living who isn't capable of doing more than he thinks he can." Henry Ford

I don't know much about the performance about the bikes. But they are just ugly imo. Sucks though for people losing out on their jobs.
    2000 Dodge Neon...Low and Slow
    2010 Dodge Caliber...Daily/Winter
    1994 Honda CBR600F2...Go Fast toy

The Yellow Tie Fighter
    Too bad.. Buell was the most technologically innovative part of that company for sure. Definately sad to hear

Sad to hear no doubt, but I think it was long since coming. Buell never had a brand loyal following, the bikes didn't measure-up and didn't really fit into a class (all were oddballs)... atleast untill very recently. They are going to be a novlity item now. I actually somewhat liked the new machine a lot, but when you compare it to something else, hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by BoosTT View Post
    Sad to hear no doubt, but I think it was long since coming. Buell never had a brand loyal following, the bikes didn't measure-up and didn't really fit into a class (all were oddballs)... atleast untill very recently. They are going to be a novlity item now. I actually somewhat liked the new machine a lot, but when you compare it to something else, hmmm...
    I agree.They had a bike that couldnt compete with 600cc import bikes,and it cost quite a bit more.tough to build a sportbike (that generally appeals to a younger demographic) and expect to sell it for Harley Davidson-like $$$

Not to start a shit storm, but the 1125r is powered by a Rotax motor, and wasn't the v-rod motor designed and build in Europe? By Porche?

And as a side note Buel/HD was pumping HUGE amounts of money to the AMA. Enough money that the AMA overlooked equally huge rule infractions by Buel. Winning a championship is easy when you don't have to follow the rules everyone else does.

It sucks to see another local company go down. I wonder Iif Eric Buel will be able to take his stake in the company and continue building bikes "in his garage" so to speak. That would be cool. Give them back some of the uniqueness and character they had before he got in bed with HD.

Quote Originally Posted by -stew- View Post
    Not to start a shit storm, but the 1125r is powered by a Rotax motor, and wasn't the v-rod motor designed and build in Europe? By Porche?
    Correct.and i believe both are the best engine from each of the companies.(buell/hd)

And as a side note Buel/HD was pumping HUGE amounts of money to the AMA. Enough money that the AMA overlooked equally huge rule infractions by Buel. Winning a championship is easy when you don't have to follow the rules everyone else does.
    yes,Thats the only way the Vrod was competitive in NHRA prostock as well

Correct.and i believe both are the best engine from each of the companies.(buell/hd)
    I look at is those engines aren't from each of the companies, since they are not built in house. The V-Rod might be the best Harley ever made, but it isn't the best bike Harley ever made. Make sense?

I look at is those engines aren't from each of the companies, since they are not built in house. The V-Rod might be the best Harley ever made, but it isn't the best bike Harley ever made. Make sense?
    that is the reason the vrod is a flop for sure.the HD diehards are reluctant to have a HD that doesnt look like an old school HD
    go pushrod,air cooled vtwin power.
    lol

Grandpa Grocery Getter 2.0 wrath's Avatar
    There was an article in the newspaper about how great Buell was just a few months ago.

Another one bites the dust. Someday HD will learn that in order to have a cult brand like Apple you have to deliver. On something. Otherwise the only thing you'll need to build for your dying clientele are tombstones.
    Buy made in the United States. Otherwise your job might be next. Unless you already wear black shoes and a visor with golden arches on it to work in which case your fellow american has already failed you.