Anybody pull a vehicle behind a motorhome?

Just wondering the basics about it. I just bought a truck that was pulled. It has the bart to disengage the drive shaft already. But what I want to know is does it still accumulate mileage?

well if the drive shaft it disconected i don't believe it does. i know a feind of mne tows there cavalier around and that acumulates milage. because all 4 wheels are on the ground
    2001 Trans Am WS6, Race car
    [COLOR="Blue"]2006 Tacoma Xrunner

I would say that the mileage might not add up on the speedo but that mileage will kill the tires, shocks, and suspension. I can never understand if you have the cash to buy a RV why not pick up a $1500 open trailer and trailer your vehicle
    I'll keep my freedom, my guns, and my money. You can keep your change.

Trailers are not used to keep the footprint/overall size/weight lower.

Theres a lot of issues towing an 4x4/awd. It's called a "toad". Usually fwd cars are used.

I thought that Saturns were really the only cars that could be "neutral towed."
    1997 Red GTP Coupe - Sold
    2004 Nissan Maxima SL - Sold
    2008 Pontiac G8 GT
    -Spectre Intake
    -Corsa Catback
    -Diablosport Tune
    -13.17@106

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    If the drive shaft has a disconnect, no mileage is added to the odometer while being towed. Check out WWW.RV.NET website for all of the info you would ever need on "toads". Go to FORUMS and look under Dinghy Towing.
    Last edited by indyzmike; 10-14-2009 at 07:10 PM.
    1980 Z28 Convertible project
    LM1 350, 700r4, 3.73 posi

Sounds good. It does make sense though. I just picked up a truck and it drove like it should of had less mileage on it.

my girlfriends grandparents tow a freightliner sprinter class B motor home behind a class A, quite the site! when my gf and I picked up my cummins in MN we took her moms saturn (AT) that was setup for towing. we ended up towing it behind on the way back. i know there is some fuse you have to pull, but i dont know if thats only on a saturn.
    2002 dodge cummins - mechanically injected, stupid built.. never ending project
    2013 Toyota Tacoma - crewcab, v6, 6 spd, 4wd, TRD package