Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member..now yer posting!

Bad day for Strictly Modified

This happened at US41 on Sunday. They help sponsor the RSD at GLD.

This was copied from another forum:

Devin schultz(Tech and Tuner for Strictly Modified) went to US 41 on sun October 11 in hopes of a 9.1-9.2 second quarter mile pass. I was able to tie my best pass with a 9.37 and was on my way to a 9.20 until the car in the next lane lost control, came into my lane and t-boned me just as I shifted 3rd. I have no idea how I kept it out of the wall, the car came to a stop facing the starting line in the opposite lane about 1 1/2 feet from the wall.

First thing I want to say is that im 100% OK, the car however is not!!!

First pass: 1.58 60ft spinning the hardest it ever has 9.37 @ 156mph
    2nd pass: 1.52 60ft got out of the groove so I let off
    3rd pass: 1.46 60ft the best pass of my life until it was all changed forever

Im very happy she went out doin what she was built for and doin it well. It would have been really lame to lose the car to a car theif or a acceident on the way to work.

I look at it as another reason for me to do what I love, and thats buildin cars and makin horsepower!!!!!

Thanks goes out to Nick for all of his late nights and unwavering support of me and the 2g. Thanks to Eric, Cisco, and Strictly Modified for the use of the shop, transportation to the track, and the support I needed to be able to build one bad ass 2g.
    I F***IN LOVED THAT CAR!!!!

-Devin@StrictlyModified
    03 Evo. 6262/2.0
    518hp/ 24psi/ 94%IDC

The Yellow Tie Fighter
    OUCH... at least he is okay.

damm that sucks. I dont know so I am asking but can he sue the other driver for lack of prep or anything or does the owner just have to eat it. I can understand if it was his own wreck but only asking because the other guy rammed into him.
    I offer online scheduling using BookFresh

Race Transmission Rebuilder twicks69's Avatar
    Saw this on several other DSM forums already.

Yoo, If I am correct, you cannot hold the track, nor the other person liable for damages to person or property based on the liability statement you sign when you enter the race track. I could be wrong about the other person thing though; that part is sort of a gray-area concerning the details I know of regarding race track accidents.
    Tim Zimmer
    1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    9.49@148mph, street trim.
    ----------------------------
    2005 Subaru Outback Limited
    -- Winter Beater --

not to start a piss match but all i can say is if you take ur car to the strip and something happens its NO ONES fault. drag strip = RACETRACK. its not the daytona 500 i understand but it IS still a racetrack. People are way to sue happy these days.
    2002 dodge cummins - mechanically injected, stupid built.. never ending project
    2013 Toyota Tacoma - crewcab, v6, 6 spd, 4wd, TRD package

Quote Originally Posted by twicks69 View Post
    Saw this on several other DSM forums already.

Yoo, If I am correct, you cannot hold the track, nor the other person liable for damages to person or property based on the liability statement you sign when you enter the race track. I could be wrong about the other person thing though; that part is sort of a gray-area concerning the details I know of regarding race track accidents.
    im 99% sure you are correct.
    "If you keep feeding a lion, then run out of food, you're the food.."

\/ What amazing looks like \/
    if it was my car hitting somebody else. i would help the fella get his car fixed or find a shell to put all of his setup in.. i understand that legal wise i wouldn't need to do a thing but i still would feel really bad.

Chrysler Certified Technician Plum Crazy's Avatar
    Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning

and you know damn well that Dodge had 0 damage.
    2010 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic Plum Crazy Purple
    2003 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab Flame Red
    1967 AMC Ambassador Convertible

I understand the track can never be held responsible I was just wondering if the driver of the other car can be held responsible at all or in the very least if he is going to help out with the damage. You never hear about what happens afterwards so I was just curious.

Every time I have seen an accident on the track the car owner assumes full responsibility....kind of like if you hit a tree....you going to sue the tree for damages?
    Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    stew - continuing confirmation of the hypothesis that marbles aren't sharp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    Jim you build... break... and rebuild cars faster than I can put one together.

this is the car that hit the DSM.

You could claim it on your insurance but chances are that will end up costing you alot more in the long run.
    Kevin
    Daily Driver: 1999 Chevy Tahoe w/ Vortec 350
    Wifes DD: 2003 VW Passat Wagon w/ 1.8T, 5 speed auto
    Plow Truck: 99 Chevy K3500 Pickup w/ a Vortec 454
    Toy 1: 98 BMW R1100R
    87 Camaro Iroc Z28, SOLD, Gone But not Forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Nutwaver View Post
    Every time I have seen an accident on the track the car owner assumes full responsibility....kind of like if you hit a tree....you going to sue the tree for damages?
    no shit dumbass! but out of curiosity, when did trees start driving into people? I simply asked since it was the other driver's fault if he had any chance of recourse NOT via the track either.

Quote Originally Posted by PonyKiller87 View Post
    You could claim it on your insurance but chances are that will end up costing you alot more in the long run.
    I guess thats what I was wondering, would they even honor the claim since it was a racetrack?

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ Super Mario Mushroom Champion Starcastle Champion Korndogg's Avatar
    i was always told that once you enter the track, your insurance goes out the window.
    1968 Camaro 383

I asked at state farm and thier answer was yes, but corporate would either jack my rates or just drop me all together.

Drag it out onto the highway, slap it with a dear pelt and a tree, claim you swerved to miss it, and put the car into the tree, lol.
    Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by PonyKiller87 View Post
    I asked at state farm and thier answer was yes, but corporate would either jack my rates or just drop me all together.

Drag it out onto the highway, slap it with a dear pelt and a tree, claim you swerved to miss it, and put the car into the tree, lol.
    And then serve 3 years for insurance fraud
    iPedal : AIM:BMXpORK : Milwaukee, Wi : SUICIDEDOORS

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Korndogg View Post
    i was always told that once you enter the track, your insurance goes out the window.
    this was what I was getting at......someone hits you on the track you are fucked. Insurance wont cover you and good luck trying to get the other guy to pay a dime.
    Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    stew - continuing confirmation of the hypothesis that marbles aren't sharp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    Jim you build... break... and rebuild cars faster than I can put one together.

Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    And then serve 3 years for insurance fraud
    Just remember, its only illegal if you get caught
    Kevin

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Ouch.
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.