Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    \/ What amazing looks like \/
    Quote Originally Posted by Nix View Post
    I don't understand it either. But "The Fumbler" has returned to Green Bay. Or if you prefer, "China Doll"....
    i know... fml..

as if he isnt any better than Grant? i was a Grants biggest fan when they started working him in on Practice. Loved his attitude. Now....he gets touched and he falls.

Ahman will hopefully be the spark to get him working hard again, and hitting the holes hard again. Knowing if he doesnt....he's going to lose his job. ORRR Ahman could be back to the old ways and start playing like he once did. How do any of you know? exaclty....
    Last edited by Smokey1226; 10-21-2009 at 09:40 PM.
    "If you keep feeding a lion, then run out of food, you're the food.."

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    Well show me the last time a 32 year old RB who's spent the last 4 years battling knee injuries has come onto a team at the mid season point and made a difference? He'll be a 3rd down back at best. He was on his last legs when they got rid of him, and proved it when he went to Houston and did nothing but get hurt all the time. He made a shit load of money to sit on the bench and didn't even break 300 yards a season with them.

Green's problem is how he played the game. He was like Peterson where he would seek out contact and want to punish defenders. Yeah sure that's great for fan's and people love the toughness, but it's a real quick way of being out of the league quickly too. There's a long list of guys like him who end up hitting a wall because the body can only take so many hits.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Karps TA View Post
    because the body can only take so many hits.
    Not true! Witness Cheech Marin.

Ba dum bum.

I take birdshit personally.

In the end what's the difference? Neither is building a Super Bowl team.
    Alot of teams who have made the Super Bowl people didn't think were building a Super Bowl team either. Cardinals last year, Giants the year before, etc. How many teams are legit Super Bowl contenders out there? Half the league can make it any given year but only a few are legitimate top of the line teams who you know will be there. It takes time to build to get to that level.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

who do the packers play this weekend?? haven't heard much about them this week?!?!

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    Arise old thread

Here's another reason.

According to JSonline the Packers are considering putting the franchise tag on Pickett.

This after spending a high 1st round pick on BJ Raji. A draft pick I didn't understand to begin with cause Pickett was just traded for like 2 years prior, and has been playing great. He's only 30 which for a DL is still young. Those guys play well into their late 30s.

So they'll have a ton of money invested in the tackle position when they play a 3-4 and only 1 is ever on the field?

And then they mention maybe using Raji at end since Jolly might be in jail? Raji is way too short to play End. If they said Kampann couldn't play end because of size, Raji definetly can't.

This is the kind of stuff that as a football fan baffles me.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.