Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    even with the chances favre took we still won games. i am not a rodgers hater but i am not quite a believer yet. when he closes a few games and wins a few i will become a fan. if he keeps taking shots from jared allen and every other de in the league he won't have a long enough career for there to ever be any favre/rodgers debate. back to the thread ted thompson sucks ass.
    Brandon
    2004.5 K2500hd LLY Dmax/Allison EC/SB - Minor Mod's
    2005 Trailblazer Lt 4x4 - Wife's - Stock
    PS3HANDLE:SilverStreak82

Quote Originally Posted by Karps TA View Post
    Favre did not always have great lines. Most of the crazy plays he would make were because of his improvisation due to the line breaking down. He got rid of the football quickly which helped make the line look better then it was.
    This is spot on. Favre won in spite of some teams that didn't have much talent at times. In the span of the 16 years he played for us, do you see any other hall of famers? (Besides Reggie White who had an impressive resume' before he came to us.) Do you even see perennial Pro-Bowlers? (Mmmm. Maybe Leroy Butler. On offense?). And when exactly did the Packers have a Pro-Bowler O-Lineman??? And when did any receiver who left the team ever had any kind of success nearing what they had in GB? And which RB that left made an impact with their new team? His success spanned 3 GM's and 4 Head Coaches, and 2,146 QB coaches.

That doesn't sound like a fluke.

NFL success isn't soley reliant on physical aptitude. Ask Ryan Leaf. Or Vince Young. Or Jemarcus Russell. Or Jeff George. Or...

Brett is a winner. Without any other stat, good or bad. He wins games.

I take birdshit personally.

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    So Thompson brings in Ahmen Green and Dominic Rhodes for a workout. That'll fix things. Nothing fixes a terrible OL more then a washed up, old, often injured RB. Why not see if Ken Reuttgers or Earl Dotson is available still? Maybe Eddie Lee Ivery can tote the rock for them.

When Thompson goes shopping does he only visit the clearance rack at the Dollar Store?
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

I heard about this last night. I would assume its to help start a fire under Grants ass. He sucks and is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy over paid, obviously. He has his best run this past weekend of the season aginst the Lions, a whole whopping 22 yards was it?

As far as Im concerned Grant is showing up behind the clubhouse bi weekly to collect his pay check wearing a mask and brandishing a fucking gun. RAPE!!!!!!!1

I'm not sure how maybe signing a guy who hasn't been a decent back in 4 years lights a fire? You'd think perhaps 1 of his draft picks over the last couple years would maybe be able to play?
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

\/ What amazing looks like \/
    I'm not sure how maybe signing a guy who hasn't been a decent back in 4 years lights a fire? You'd think perhaps 1 of his draft picks over the last couple years would maybe be able to play?

why they got rid of samkon gado is beyond me

9 tds in 2 years

http://www.packers.com/history/all_t...kon_2005,2006/

grant scored 1 td in 4 years of being in the nfl..
    Last edited by That_Guy; 10-20-2009 at 11:52 AM.

Samkon Gado?

I think he's still in the league somehow. St. Louis I think.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

Samkon Gado?

I think he's still in the league somehow. St. Louis I think.
    As a matter of fact he is sir. I saw him for a few runs the other week and he seriously didn't look half bad at all. I can tell you this much, he looked better than Grant has been looking this season and Gado is just a backup.

Grant ='s Garbage...

I hope he proves me wrong, eventually, hopefully sooner than later.

Gado is not a NFL starting RB.

I'm no fan of Grant, but perhaps, just maybe the line that can't pass protect can't run block either? I don't think Walter Peyton could rush for a 100 yards behind Baby Swiss.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

I saw a Packers license plate I enjoyed, it was BYBYTT.....which in my mind meant, Bye Bye Ted Thompson. lol
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ndegroot2
    Twitter: http://http://twitter.com/deggyfresh
    PS3 name: deggyfresh

98 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x2 - Still ready for some snow drags.

1/2 BCM POOL Tag Champs 97z2801ss's Avatar
    So Thompson brings in Ahmen Green and Dominic Rhodes for a workout. That'll fix things. Nothing fixes a terrible OL more then a washed up, old, often injured RB. Why not see if Ken Reuttgers or Earl Dotson is available still? Maybe Eddie Lee Ivery can tote the rock for them.

When Thompson goes shopping does he only visit the clearance rack at the Dollar Store?
    Earl Dotson you serious, I just spit mt dew all over the screen

Bretts the shit no matter what

"You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun,than with a kind word alone."-Al Capone

"Ever since we was kids,we always knew that people can be bought.It was only a question of who did the buyin' and for how much"-Charlie "Lucky" Luciano

Gado is not a NFL starting RB.
    I agree with you 100% sir, he is not and he never will be. He is a backup.

\/ What amazing looks like \/
    Quote Originally Posted by Nix View Post
    I agree with you 100% sir, he is not and he never will be. He is a backup.

going off stats he is clearly better then grant

Grant is not a starting RB in the NFL either. I mean he is by default, and by paycheck. But by actual ability, he's not.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

He sounds just as boring and does nothing but recite the company line, just like they taught him.
    Remember, not everyone is Favre.....most QB's and players recite the company line.

I'm not a fan of Thompson but rather his way versus a team like the Redskins who overpays for free agents without a solid plan of what they are doing. A few other clueless teams out there, it could be worse. I wish he had more Wolf in him, being agressive when there is a hole to fill it.

Favre had most of his success with Holmgren and had a very good cast around him most years in Green Bay. The Super Bowl teams were very deep and talented, hence they won. He had a few very mediocre years after Holmgren left and the talent dwindled , lets not forget. He felt he needed to force every throw and it seemed he did. He had a renaissance year in 2007 no doubt and can still play, I won't argue that. But he wasn't a one man team nor is he now with the Vikings.

Can't wait for November 1st.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

Quote Originally Posted by PB86MCSS View Post

I'm not a fan of Thompson but rather his way versus a team like the Redskins who overpays for free agents without a solid plan of what they are doing. A few other clueless teams out there, it could be worse. I wish he had more Wolf in him, being agressive when there is a hole to fill it.

In the end what's the difference? Neither is building a Super Bowl team. Thompson hasn't fixed anything since he's been here. OL has been bad since TT first day he's been here. He's not been able to find a real RB. They've never replaced Sharper in the secondary. LB's are slightly better. WR's are the strength of the team, but that's probably the easiest position to fill. Only FA that he's signed that has done anything is Woodson. But him and Harris are old now, and the clock is ticking. Harris especially looks slow at times.

Meanwhile his tops draft pics have included suchs busts as Justin Harrel, Brohm, Hawk, Colledge, Terrance Murphy. Raji hasn't shown much so far.
    Last edited by Karps TA; 10-20-2009 at 06:08 PM.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

Guess it's not even a joke anymore. Sportsradio is saying they signed him. Unbelievable.....
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

I'm not sure how this is even possible. Green skipped all the offseason OTA, meetings and workouts. I thought the Packers didn't want that type of player on the team? Or does that rule just exist for HOF face of the franchise QB's?

Secondly, I immediately went to my Yahoo Fantasy Football league and couldn't even find Green as an option. And they have like 200 RB's shown. So did Thompson visit and old league and check Best Available RB, but in the drop down box accidently hit 2002?

Or is it possible that when Thompson heard that the league was using Throwbacks this year, he thought they meant players, not jerseys? Or perhaps the player was cheaper then the jerseys?
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

I don't understand it either. But "The Fumbler" has returned to Green Bay. Or if you prefer, "China Doll"....