Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar

Another reason why I hate Thompson

So Ted finally gets off his ass and signs Tauscher to help out the pathetic excuse for a line he's spent the last 5 years assembling. But he waits until after the bye week just so he doesn't have to pay him that week of salary.

Now it turns out that he's going to need a couple weeks of practice before he'll be in game shape and ready to play.

I swear I want Rodgers out with a season ending injury now in the next 2weeks due to the line giving up a sack.

This guy is more concerned with the bottom line then he is with putting a winning product on the field. Fans need to wake up and realize he's NEVER going to make the team a true contender.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

well at least he brought him back. seems some people will find something to bitch about no matter what thompson does?!?!

I'd rather not see Rogders injured. Some people just aren't the same when they come back ie Brady.

I just don't get where the money goes. We're one of the only teams or maybe the only team in sports that sells out every single game at home and we make a ton of money off of merchandise. Why can't we get some high end players in here. Like Get Steven Jackson in as our RB. Or some shit like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Karps TA View Post

I swear I want Rodgers out with a season ending injury now in the next 2weeks due to the line giving up a sack.
    Thats a terrible thing to say and it wouldn't teach anybody anything. Thompson sucks and eventually he will get his, I agree with you all they way but as for Rodgers getting hurt it wouldn't help anyone see the light. So far Im inpressed that Rodgers has bounced back from everything, but eventually I fear he will get hurt and then that would suck goat nuts.

God knows the team is hurting for money that we needed to save that week's salary. they said he isn't in football shape. i hated thompson before the whole favre deal. he has never done anything great. ron wolf where are you?
    Brandon
    2004.5 K2500hd LLY Dmax/Allison EC/SB - Minor Mod's
    2005 Trailblazer Lt 4x4 - Wife's - Stock
    PS3HANDLE:SilverStreak82

to the best of my knowledge, Tauscher was sitting in meetings/warm ups/working out with the team all week? So signing him has nothign to do with it, as he was there anyways. Again, we have NO IDEA how Tauscher is going to play, all it might take is 1 big 350lbs + lineman to fall on his knee again and game over. How do you know?

Although what i really liked about this poor Off Line deal, was the 2 tight end sets, then bringing a WR in tight to chip blitzing Linebackers and then go for a nice 6-7yd pass. If they can continue that kind of stuff, no matter what happens with your line we will have a chance. Clifton/Tauscher will be great to have back, but like i said you NEVER know whats going to happen.
    "If you keep feeding a lion, then run out of food, you're the food.."

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey1226 View Post
    to the best of my knowledge, Tauscher was sitting in meetings/warm ups/working out with the team all week? So signing him has nothign to do with it, as he was there anyways. Again, we have NO IDEA how Tauscher is going to play, all it might take is 1 big 350lbs + lineman to fall on his knee again and game over. How do you know?

Although what i really liked about this poor Off Line deal, was the 2 tight end sets, then bringing a WR in tight to chip blitzing Linebackers and then go for a nice 6-7yd pass. If they can continue that kind of stuff, no matter what happens with your line we will have a chance. Clifton/Tauscher will be great to have back, but like i said you NEVER know whats going to happen.

even if he was healthy a 350lb lineman falling it an he's done. not like they were really looking ast any other lineman besides him so just sign his ass. quit screwing around.
    Brandon

He can't if he doesn't have a contract. They can work him out, but he can't be in meetings. What if this past Sunday some other team lost their RT and went after him?

The team is top 5 in available cap space. Stop screwing around and pinching pennies and for once do something to fix the problems on the team. Stop thinking someday your shitty players you drafted will magically get better.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

I heard on the radio that Tauscher wasnt still 100% considering how normally his type of injury would require at least a year and he is only 10 months out. Not to mention him being older, I think they might be stalling a bit to give him some more recoup time and to get him up to speed.

no matter how happy anyone is to see tauscher back, rodgers is happier, LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by 07ROUSHSTG3 View Post
    no matter how happy anyone is to see tauscher back, rodgers is happier, LOL!
    agreed! I want to see Rodgers do well this year to silence his critics and the farve nuthuggers. sick of listening to people compare this new guy to a 15+ year veteran! If they dont do something to protect Rodgers, he wont have much of a career at the rate he's going unless he puts on like 60lbs.
    I offer online scheduling using BookFresh

I admittingly will never like Rodgers. Hated him on draft day. Don't really like him now. I think he's regressing, and is worse with his decision making. Alot of sacks he's taken are his fault because he's looking too much downfield instead of taking what the defense is giving him. It's like McCarthy has told him to never ever take a chance. And more then anything in interviews he comes off like a McCarthy and Thompson clone. He sounds just as boring and does nothing but recite the company line, just like they taught him.

I'll say this though, when he got drafted Thompson ignored the offensive line that year. Favre got killed that year. Many thought it would be the end of his starting streak. I understood it though, because Thompson wanted to move past the Favre years. He wanted to make the team his, not what was left him. Not a problem with that at all. However you'd think you'd want to then protect your prized QB that you drafted. To give him the best protection you can. But it's just an after thought with the guy. How do you pay so much for a QB and then search the bargain racks for his protection?

Maybe when Rodgers becomes a winner somewhere other then Fantasy Football I might change my mind. There's no doubt he has the physical skills to throw a ball. But so did Jeff George and a whole shitload of QB's like him. It takes more then that to be a winner.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yooformula View Post
    agreed! I want to see Rodgers do well this year to silence his critics and the farve nuthuggers. sick of listening to people compare this new guy to a 15+ year veteran! If they dont do something to protect Rodgers, he wont have much of a career at the rate he's going unless he puts on like 60lbs.
    there is no comparison Favre is better.

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

Hey what do you know an article in the Journal today proving my point on Rodger's holding the ball too long

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/64331777.html
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

thats his style though. Big Ben holds on too long also and admits it but makes the huge plays because of his patience. True he can take big hits and is big enough to elude some more but the O-line has to do their job regardless. You cant blame the qb all the time because he wont rush the throw everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by Yooformula View Post
    thats his style though. You cant blame the qb all the time because he wont rush the throw everytime.
    True but if there's no play then he needs to aim for the stands and eat the down because taking repeated hits like he has will end his career VERY soon.....

Last edited by Car Guy; 10-15-2009 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Car Guy View Post
    True but then he needs to aim for the stands because taking repeated hits like has will end his career VERY soon.....
    agreed.
    I offer online scheduling using BookFresh

so wait a minute, you guys are trying to compare numbers favre put up when he has hands down one of the best off line's in football for a LONGGG TIME. Versus, a line now that is full of guys who dont know wtf is going on.

Secondly, holding on to the ball to long. Thats a double edge sword. If he didnt take the chance to hold on for the extra second or 2, you guys would be on here b1tching he doesnt even try. He just throws the ball away.

Lastly, he's been on the move all year long. Why don't you check Brady's numbers or anyone else that you think are great QB's when they are constantly on the Move. I think he is doing a damn good job for having to scramble 90% of his passing plays. Put a big OL in front of him, and i will bet money he puts up huge numbers.

Last year i think he was rated the #6 Qb in the league? not to shabby.....for 1 year's work
    "If you keep feeding a lion, then run out of food, you're the food.."

so wait a minute, you guys are trying to compare numbers favre put up when he has hands down one of the best off line's in football for a LONGGG TIME. Versus, a line now that is full of guys who dont know wtf is going on.

Secondly, holding on to the ball to long. Thats a double edge sword. If he didnt take the chance to hold on for the extra second or 2, you guys would be on here b1tching he doesnt even try. He just throws the ball away.

Lastly, he's been on the move all year long. Why don't you check Brady's numbers or anyone else that you think are great QB's when they are constantly on the Move. I think he is doing a damn good job for having to scramble 90% of his passing plays. Put a big OL in front of him, and i will bet money he puts up huge numbers.

Last year i think he was rated the #6 Qb in the league? not to shabby.....for 1 year's work

swing on those nuts. lmao
    Brandon

Favre did not always have great lines. Most of the crazy plays he would make were because of his improvisation due to the line breaking down. He got rid of the football quickly which helped make the line look better then it was. That article clearly shows that Rodgers is not following the gameplan of quick throws.

#6 QB in stats and the team finished 6-10. Not too shabby at all. If only stats won games.

Every single QB besides Jamarcus Russell can throw if given time.

If Rodgers is on the IR it doesn't help the team at all. Check downs are not evil. Throwing the ball away is not evil. Sure it hurts his precious stats, but it doesn't hurt the team.

It's not really about Favre vs. Rodgers. For the Packers right now Rodgers is the best choice of the 2 because they are quite a ways away from being a real contender anyways. Favre had too many of his years wasted with shitty teams the way it was.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.