The new 86! About damn time!

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/10/06/t...k-the-hachiro/

I like it. And I never thought I'd be saying that about a current Toyota, concept or otherwise.

It has some odd shapes here and there but over-all, if it's small and relatively light and a good performer then I'm sold. I honestly didn't think they had it in them.

What I'm MOST fond of is that it looks low slung. The beltline is not so high like a 350Z or a Sky.

Also the dimensions mentioned for the concept are right on too. The length is about 2" shorter but an inch wider then the last gen Celica.

I'm not saying shit for Nissan right now. I've lost just as much faith in them over the last 2 years that a new SX is coming. Until I see something solid like Toyota showed us today then I'm a skeptic.

Here's the car in motion in GT5.

VIDEO: Toyota FT-86 Concept finds its way into Gran Turismo 5 — Autoblog

I LOVE IT. Yep, Toyota did right on the design by me. I love the A and B Pillars being black. Similar to the GTR. It gives the greenhouse of the car a fighter jet look.

looks like a mazda RX8 tried butt fucking a Hyundai Genisis coupe. i even spy a lil off breed of the Audi R8..

man idk.

Quote Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
    looks like a mazda RX8 tried butt fucking a Hyundai Genisis coupe. i even spy a lil off breed of the Audi R8..

man idk.
    There's a little GTR mixed in too with the canopy.

I'm really not a fan of Toyota's design language but for some reason it works for me here. Maybe because it's more simplified. The car looks great in motion too.

is this by chance the new sube/toyota car?

Quote Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
    is this by chance the new sube/toyota car?
    Yep this is it. It has the 2 liter boxer engine.

Fucking ugly!!!!

Yep, it shoots fireballs!!! stealthy1ss's Avatar

It looks like a R8 and a 350Z. Looks okay but I don't like the wheels at all.

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    I dunno hopefully it performs better than it looks. Or maybe its one of those things that grows on ya??
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by GTSLOW View Post
    Or maybe its one of those things that grows on ya??
    They have creams for that Nan...
    98 Ranger 4.0 5spd 4x4 Ext Cab
    02 TLR

more i look at it, the more i like it....

i think aftermarket will help the things i don't like much.

I can hear the fighting already. The Toyoda camp will say the motor is garbage and the subie guys will say it looks like shit. Anyone remember the last time two companies got together to build a boxer four rear drive sports car? While it did handle fantastic, it was a bastard child none the less.

Last edited by shoooo32; 10-08-2009 at 07:08 AM.