Thread: Stacks

Stacks

I must admit stacks are growing on me, and whenever I get a diesel p/u I may get some. Just wondering, on the ones that don't turn to the side at the top, don't they fill up with water during rainstorms? Or does it just blow out/burn off?
    Jamie

01 F150 Screw 5.4 4x4 99 VW Jetta 64 Olds Cutlass
    83 Cutlass Gbody Wagon 85 Suzuki GS700ES needs some new parts now

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Power View Post
    I must admit stacks are growing on me, and whenever I get a diesel p/u I may get some. Just wondering, on the ones that don't turn to the side at the top, don't they fill up with water during rainstorms? Or does it just blow out/burn off?
    it puts black soot specks down the whole side of ur truck.
    2002 dodge cummins - mechanically injected, stupid built.. never ending project
    2013 Toyota Tacoma - crewcab, v6, 6 spd, 4wd, TRD package

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinRAM114 View Post
    it puts black soot specks down the whole side of ur truck.
    So I should get a black truck then
    Jamie

01 F150 Screw 5.4 4x4 99 VW Jetta 64 Olds Cutlass
    83 Cutlass Gbody Wagon 85 Suzuki GS700ES needs some new parts now

One 4" stack as far to the passenger side of the bed is the nicest look I think. I think going with big ass stacks or the gay turn out ones looks stupid.
    Owner of Sunset Self Storage LLC. LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED STORAGE. 24/7 access. No Contract length. Self Storage/Portable Storage/Vehicle Transport
    Thanks, Brad 262.751.9439

09 Cadillac CTS V Has some stuff done...
    05 Chevy Duramax: Best time in 4wd was 12.22 @ 108
    99 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic: Big Bore, Cams, tune.

Kyle (Yeehaw) has stacks that go straight up, he just has the flappy "rain-caps" to keep the water out. Seems to work pretty well since I've never seen black specks on his truck.
    98 Ranger 4.0 5spd 4x4 Ext Cab
    02 TLR

I have a single 5" stack with a mitre-cut just below cab level. I don't mind getting specks on my truck because I wash it pretty often anyways. I have a small 1/8" hole at the bend under the crossmember to drain any water that may get in. I will probably just use a coffee can or something to put over the stack this winter when I'm not driving the truck.
    Quote Originally Posted by lotsals1
    I nailed his a$$ with my windsheild fluid
    Toyota Prius: Probably not your first mistake.

Not a fan of stacks at all personally.
    -Tyler

my brother has them. i like them just not on my own truck. lol i like my side pipe. they tend to drown out all ability to talk inside the cab. and you will go tone def on longer raod trips.
    Brandon
    2004.5 K2500hd LLY Dmax/Allison EC/SB - Minor Mod's
    2005 Trailblazer Lt 4x4 - Wife's - Stock
    PS3HANDLE:SilverStreak82

Senior Member..now yer posting! Monstr913's Avatar
    my wastegated turbo is noisey ur vgt turbo is way quiter...i got a black truck and u can see the little soot snot rockets barely or if ur careful and drive slowly with the water in it u can get it to steam out the stacks...the rain caps are like $15 a piece i got 2 5 inch ones i rarely use
    DD: 2003 GMC Sierra 3500 Dually, ec/lb, Efi live by Duramax Tuner controlled through Edge CTS monitor, 5" MBRP exhaust, AFE stage 2 intake.

Toy: "My Pet Monster" 2001 Chevy 2500hd cc/sb, 2.6 pull truck, more money in it then I'd like to admit.

its kinda loud in the cab imo but its not terrible and with 4 inch i didnt loose too much of my bed space
    -Kyle

2006 F350 6.0 CCLB DRW Lariat
    Gearhead, Holders Diesel, Retro Solutions, Pure Diesel Power, Screamin Eagle, Spyder Industries, Recon, Dirty Diesels
    KCCO!

Cab noise is not a problem when talking. It's all personal preference though.
    Quote Originally Posted by lotsals1
    I nailed his a$$ with my windsheild fluid
    Toyota Prius: Probably not your first mistake.