H4 Conversion on Lisa's Blazer?

Light output BLOWS on her 95 Blazer. I am considering the HID kit with a set of H4 Conversion 4x6 housings. Anyone done this and know what else I may need to do it? Relays perhaps?
    iPedal : AIM:BMXpORK : Milwaukee, Wi : SUICIDEDOORS

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

i was gana do this on my 96 i think all you need are the housings bulbs and adapter harnesses. Or i guess you could hard wire it. does it have the stupid DRL's that come on when you release the parking brake? If so you might need something to get those to turn off.
    2001 Trans Am WS6, Race car
    [COLOR="Blue"]2006 Tacoma Xrunner

No drls to speak of

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

Does she have a sealed beam? If so, I did a conversion that allows me to use different bulbs and I went with silverstar ultras, HUGe difference. I did pick up a set of the HID's to use in the fog light location as well to help light up the way.
    I offer online scheduling using BookFresh

They are sealed beams now, I bought the H4 Conversion housings off ebay for 40 bucks and an HID kit, as well as a relay wiring kit. Assuming the HID's will take the longest to arrive, so will update when its all installed.

fyi, it's gotta be a 94 blazer to be sealed beam. the S-10 got it's redesign in 94, but the s-10 blazer got it in 95. 95 s-10 blazers had DRLs, hence that question too. i did 2 conversions on these with the conversion units. you'll have to trim the tin or metal housing/backing "cone" if that makes sense that's behind the bulb. in order for the actual lense and unit to fit, the backing is too big. other then that it'll work like a charm. SUPER bright, be careful to aim very carefully, but you do lighting stuff so you know that already. don't think you'll need the relay at all though
    "A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
    - Jeremy Clarkson

It's a 95 and it has sealed beam, 95 was a half year and the 95 1/2 year blazers came with this front end:

Lisa's 95 has this front end:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_S-10_Blazer

I'm an s10 freak, so I know way more about s10s then I should. I just normally don't upgrade sealed beam to h4 housings, I always swapped front clips to the more desirable 95.5+ or better yet the 98+ front ends. The major reason the light output is so terrible is because of the factory wiring harness, the wires are too small and produce a voltage drop of over 2 volts, which is HALF of the bulbs light output. I just don't want to rewire it.
    Last edited by pOrk; 09-23-2009 at 12:15 AM.

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    It's a 95 and it has sealed beam, 95 was a half year and the 95 1/2 year blazers came with this front end:

Lisa's 95 has this front end:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_S-10_Blazer

I'm an s10 freak, so I know way more about s10s then I should. I just normally don't upgrade sealed beam to h4 housings, I always swapped front clips to the more desirable 95.5+ or better yet the 98+ front ends. The major reason the light output is so terrible is because of the factory wiring harness, the wires are too small and produce a voltage drop of over 2 volts, which is HALF of the bulbs light output. I just don't want to rewire it.
    Is the 95.5 swap easier than the 98+ swap? It's my understanding that the 98+ conversion requires a new rad support. Is this true for the 95.5?

I have a 97' S-10 for a winter beater and desperately want to upgrade the lighting. As it sits you can barely tell they are even on @ night.

Thats the style i had for my 96 with the sealed beam. But mine always had DRL's that anoyed me. Should be easy enough to do.
    2001 Trans Am WS6, Race car
    [COLOR="Blue"]2006 Tacoma Xrunner

shit on me, i forgot about the 1/2 year! i suck. the conversion really isn't too hard, i'd barely call it a conversion. just putting in those lenses, with a set of silverstar headlights dramatically upgraded the lighting. i'd imagine the HIDs, if aimed well would be almost a 100% improvement
    "A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
    - Jeremy Clarkson

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    Light output BLOWS on her 95 Blazer. I am considering the HID kit with a set of H4 Conversion 4x6 housings. Anyone done this and know what else I may need to do it? Relays perhaps?
    s10forum.com ya asshat
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.