Outboard Motor Winter Storage - Fuel Related

This came up here at work and there is a difference of opinion. Googling the subject seems to yield the same mixed thoughts.

So.. boat guys. Do you drain your carbs or just get/leave stabilized fuel in there?

My practice has been to fill tank with Seafoam, go for one last fishing expedition, thus getting stabilized treated fuel (good "up north" fuel mind you)into the lines, carbs, etc. Then after I pull it out of the water, I top it off one last time and take it home to do the other pre-winter tasks.

Guy here at work does it almost the same, except he pulls the fuel line and lets the motor run itself out of gas, essentially leaving the carbs empty and the seals dry. This is the issue I see with doing it this way... I'd rather have something on the seals versus nothing and take the chance of them drying out.

Of course, I'm skipping all the other stuff I do (change lower unit oil, fog cylinders, lube prop shaft, make sure bilge is drained, etc.) but I'm just talking specifically what do you do with regards to fuel. Unless there's a compelling reason to do it the other way, I am pretty sure I'm set in my ways.

What do ya think?

Get the stabilizer throughout the entire system and you'll be good to go. I have found that draining a system after adding stabilizer can cause major issues, mainly because the stabilizer is made to worth WITH the gas in the tank. The only thing I would do different is use something other than Seafoam, doesn't Amsoil make something...??? If not Justice Brothers or Barry Grant make really good stabilizers that are well worth the $$$.....

I used to live next door to a guy who has been fixing engines on mowers, sleds, tractors, blowers, etc. longer than I have been alive. He says the only thing he trusts as a stabilizer anymore is Seafoam. It never let him down and has since never let me down so I am not about to go experimenting now..