Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member..now yer posting! GOOD LS1's Avatar

Spoiled and under 30

THE SPOILED UNDER-30 CROWD!!!

If you are 30 or older you will think this is hilarious!!!!

When I was a kid, adults used to bore me to tears with their tedious diatribes about how hard things were. When they were growing up; what with walking Twenty-five miles to school every morning....

Uphill... Barefoot...

BOTH ways

Yadda, yadda, yadda

And I remember promising myself that when I grew up, there was no way in hell I was going to lay
    a bunch of crap like that on my kids about how hard I had it and how easy they've got it!

But now that... I'm over the ripe old age of thirty, I can't help but look around and notice the youth of today.

You've got it so easy! I mean, compared to my childhood, you live in a damn Utopia!

And I hate to say it, but you kids today, you don't know how good you've got it!

I mean, when I was a kid we didn't have The Internet. If we wanted to know something, we had to go to the damn library and look it up ourselves, in the card catalogue!!

There was no email!! We had to actually write somebody a letter - with a pen!

Then you had to walk all the way across the street and put it in the mailbox and it would take, like, a week to get there! Stamps were 10 cents!

Child Protective Services didn't care if our parents beat us.. As a matter of fact, the parents of all my friends also had permission to kick our ass! Nowhere was safe!

There were no MP3' s or Napsters! If you wanted to steal music, you had to hitchhike to the damn record store and shoplift it yourself!

Or you had to wait around all day to tape it off the radio and the DJ would usually talk over the beginning and @#*% it all up! There were no CD players! We had tape decks in our car We'd play our favorite tape and "eject" it when finished and the tape would come undone. Cause - that's how we rolled, dig?

We didn't have fancy crap like Call Waiting! If you were on the phone and somebody else called they got a busy signal, that's it!

And we didn't have fancy Caller ID either!
    When the phone rang, you had no idea who it was! It could be your school, your mom, your boss, your bookie, your drug dealer, a collections agent, you just didn't know!!! You had to pick it up and take your chances, mister!

We didn't have any fancy Sony Playstation video games with high-resolution 3-D graphics! We
    had the Atari 2600! With games like 'Space Invaders' and 'Asteroids'. Your guy was a little square! You actually had to use your imagination!! And there were no multiple levels or screens, it was just one screen... Forever!
    And you could never win.. The game just kept getting harder and harder and faster and faster until you died! Just like LIFE!

You had to use a little book called a TV Guide to find out what was on! You were screwed when it came to channel surfing! You had to get off your ass and walk over to the TV to change the channel! NO REMOTES!!!

There was no Cartoon Network either! You could only get cartoons on Saturday Morning. Do you hear what I'm saying!?! We had to wait
    ALL WEEK for cartoons, you spoiled little rat-bastards!

And we didn't have microwaves, if we wanted to heat something up we had to use the stove! Imagine that!

That's exactly what I'm talking about! You kids today have got it too easy. You're spoiled. You guys wouldn't have lasted five minutes back in 1980
    or before!

Regards,
    The Over 30 Crowd
    "My mom said the only reason men are alive is for lawn care and vehicle maintenance."

2010 Enclave CXL2
    2000 Camaro Z28

LOL I so fit that mold. Jesus I feel dead right now.

its almost that time again Ricky Bobby's Avatar
    that is so true no wonder this new generation is lazy f'n kids i see it at my work and im only 10yrs older than some of them fools lol

holy shit is that sooo true!! fuggin awesome!
    I offer online scheduling using BookFresh

The Yellow Tie Fighter
    I couldn't understand the joke... I don't know what the following words mean:

"card cataloge"
    "tape"
    "stamp"
    "record store"

But seriously though it kind of creeps me out to think that all the kids in high school these days really never knew of a time before cell phones. Like when people actually had to coordinate things with each other via land lines.

Sometimes I think the previous generation had it better in some ways.

Technology is a plus, but it seems to take all of our time and money.

I was walking through Cedarburg the other night and saw nobody anywhere on the main drag. When I was in high school, the street were full of high school youths just hanging out. I loved it. These days, everyone goes on Facebook or Myspace.

Just isn't the same.

IMO, The next generation will be lonely group despite being "connected."
    When Injustice Becomes Law; Rebellion Becomes Duty

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Welcome to BCM!
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by GTSLOW View Post
    Welcome to BCM!
    yeah, first post was a good one.

Welcome to BCM!
    Thanks!
    "My mom said the only reason men are alive is for lawn care and vehicle maintenance."

2010 Enclave CXL2
    2000 Camaro Z28

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Toms wife?

I see the two LSX's in your sig.
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by Holeshot View Post
    LOL I so fit that mold. Jesus I feel dead right now.
    Well you don't look or drive like you're dead, so you're just fine.
    --Michelle--

Quote Originally Posted by Myles View Post
    Who let you out of the kitchen.
    Quote Originally Posted by -stew- View Post
    Fucking burn!!!! He's gonna have to change his name to Waver... cuz he just got neutered.

Toms wife?

I see the two LSX's in your sig.
    The better half of course!

2010 Enclave CXL2
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by GOOD LS1 View Post
    The better half of course!
    Hows the baby? I have a feeling we will be seeing a lot of late nite posting while your up with her.

She's doing good. We get very few days that she keeps us up. Very lucky!!!

2010 Enclave CXL2
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by WhatsADSM View Post

But seriously though it kind of creeps me out to think that all the kids in high school these days really never knew of a time before cell phones. Like when people actually had to coordinate things with each other via land lines.
    I kind've think of things the other way too, where would the over 30 crowd be without GPS nowadays... Did people just never leave their home town before GPS?

No, I do not own a GPS unit.
    98 Ranger 4.0 5spd 4x4 Ext Cab
    02 TLR

That stuff is funny. It's all so true and makes you feel old.

Quote Originally Posted by Al View Post
    Sometimes I think the previous generation had it better in some ways.

Technology is a plus, but it seems to take all of our time and money.
    It's made us retarded also.

Remember when you were a kid, you knew everyone you knew's phone number. or you had it written down in a book.

How many people's number do you know now? Hardly any I bet.

Pissed off the admins and earned a time out.
    I think you are right but at the same time when your child will become older then they also have same way of thinking and thats why it is the rule of the world that every daddy has to tell that kind of thing to his children.

I'd be screwed if I lost my phone... I only know my dad's phone number because it hasn't changed since, well, never.

Can't really hate on cellphones though.
    Good luck trying to meet up with someone at Summerfest back then... "hey I'll be by the Wendy's cart at 3pm" and then they change their mind, or are late, so you wander off and hope you run into them... that was SO bad.

One time I lost the keys to my mom's car at State Fair. I had to use the pay phone around 12:30am and attempt to describe to my brother where to pick me up. I didn't pay attention to what the obscure street name was behind the back lot, hell I still don't know the name of it.
    He finally found me at around 3am.
    Last edited by wikked; 07-02-2010 at 01:12 AM.
    _] Jeff
    _] '08 Audi A4 S-Line
    _] '98 Eclipse Spyder GS-T
    _] '93 Toyota Camry
    www.flickr.com/photojeffic

hell im only 23 and over 1/2 (if not 3/4) is true
    Chicago is what you would get if Milwaukee had sex with it's sister. Said by a co-worker of mine arguing w/ somebody on how Milwaukee is better then Chicago.

please. Life is harder than you think! lol

Play PS3 with ME!
    Hooray for tuning!