FS: 1998 Dodge Stratus

1998 stratus ES, 2.5 V6. 139k. body is in decent shape, hood has a rust hole in it, and another rust mark. has scratches, nothing terrible otherwise.

power windows
    power locks
    cassette & factory 6 disc in dash changer
    A/C (needs a re-charge)
    cruise, etc. all the options available i do believe minus leather.

it's got a new water pump and timing belt, new fuel pump, tires have well over half tread left. motor runs SUPER strong now with the recent work. gets high 20s on the highway, mid 20s regular. have a ton of reciepts for work done to it. heat blows super hot.

pictures below, the hood pic shows the rust hole, the white stuff is just dirt.

the check engine and ABS light are on. check engine has been on for about 3 years, i had the code scanned awhile ago i think it was the 02 sensor. hasn't had any effect. might need some front end parts, it runs and drives just fine, but the alignment is a bit off. needs some TLC interior. i would put some time and money into it but i am too busy, originally got it to be my winter car. blue books at like 2200.
    1500obo
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by theavenger333; 10-18-2009 at 11:31 PM.
    "A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
    - Jeremy Clarkson

nobody interested? price suck?
    "A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
    - Jeremy Clarkson

If it wasn't a v6 I'd be interested...otherwise it sounds reasonable...bump for u

Quote Originally Posted by srt4eh View Post
    If it wasn't a v6 I'd be interested...otherwise it sounds reasonable...bump for u
    This small Mitsu V6 is actually what you want. Chrysler hasn't figured out how to make a decent V6 since the old slant 6, but this small Mitsu V6 was excellent and got pretty much similar milage to a 4 cylinder.
    96 Viper GTS Underground Racing Twin 78mm Precision turbos, Proline 510 stroker-1483RWHP
    73 Challenger Bickel Chassis, Indy 572 HEMI-860HP
    67 Plymouth Fury Police Pursuit, Indy 505-600HP
    94 Stealth RT/TT built 6G72, 13G, FMIC
    75 Trailduster 440 Convertible
    92 Galant VR4 #848
    04 Neon SRT4 Mods!

I agree with moparjim. It's a common misconception that the 2.5L v6 is garbage but in reality there are a few bugs that it has but are easy fixes and once they are fixed don't worry about it. I personally drive a 99 cirrus 2.5L everyday, and love it. It's reliable, good gas mileage, and low maintenance. Bump for a good car with a lot of life left in it.
    12 Suzuki Hayabusa Turbo
    12 Suzuki Hayabusa LE
    04 Pontiac GTO
    72 Pontiac GTO

appreciate it guys, i thought the same thing, but then was told pretty much what you guys said. motor runs really strong, it suprised me, and it still gets just below 30 on the highway.
    - Jeremy Clarkson

I only said it because I want a clean 2.4 block

last bump, goin on craigslist tommorow
    - Jeremy Clarkson

bump again..... getting cold out, snow soon!
    - Jeremy Clarkson