thinkin of updating

maybe not right now but in the soon future, not sure how much longer my '96 will really run good for but ya never know (just shy of 299k) but looking into getting a 98+ cummins...anything i should look out for besides rusted doors
    -Kyle

2006 F350 6.0 CCLB DRW Lariat
    Gearhead, Holders Diesel, Retro Solutions, Pure Diesel Power, Screamin Eagle, Spyder Industries, Recon, Dirty Diesels
    KCCO!

The whole Dodge part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by DurtyKurty View Post
    The whole Dodge part of it.
    x2 but you drive a ford so this may actually still be updating. buy a chevy.
    Brandon
    2004.5 K2500hd LLY Dmax/Allison EC/SB - Minor Mod's
    2005 Trailblazer Lt 4x4 - Wife's - Stock
    PS3HANDLE:SilverStreak82

thinkin newer duramax too..... suppose everything will break so
    -Kyle

2006 F350 6.0 CCLB DRW Lariat
    Gearhead, Holders Diesel, Retro Solutions, Pure Diesel Power, Screamin Eagle, Spyder Industries, Recon, Dirty Diesels
    KCCO!

Look for an '06 Duramax
    Quote Originally Posted by lotsals1
    I nailed his a$$ with my windsheild fluid
    Toyota Prius: Probably not your first mistake.

you know what my answer is! but let me tell you this, in my family we have a 02 duramax, 03 cummins, 02 cummins, 03 psd, my work trucks are a 01, 07 dmax. its guna depend on how you use it. the chevy is really a escalade in a truck form. its ment for onroad easy use where iv found the dodge and psd are work horses. my dads 02 dmax CANNOT handle my uncles custom built gooseneck hunting trailer. it squats till the springs are upside down NO JOKE! my truck (02 cummins) and my uncles (03 psd) handle it fine. iv been fighting a driveline vibration in both my work trucks with the 8,000lb skidsteer behind it. my nieghbor who pulls a skidsteer also got rid of his dmax for the same reason! (bought a cummins) Drivelines, well everyone knows the dodge trannys are a lottery (stock) until the new 6spd. the allison is well the foxbody of diesel transmissions. Fords are SO SO stock. the chevy has the SHITTY ASS IFS unless well you buy a truck to enjoy the ride the problem with the axles in the fords are they seem to eat balljoints. also same on the dodges but that comes down to the front ends always being live! convert it to a set of lock outs and they last alot longer. the cummins is a industrial engine (hense no need to change rods in high hp applications ) where the dmax is really only a commercial engine, and well the psd do we even need to go there? (sorry andy and bobby) well atleast the 7.3s are nice! also dmax until 04 LOVE injectors, 5 sets here between my 01 work truck (120k) and my dads 02 (260k) 98.5-2002 cummins diesels have the bosch vp-44 injection pump, first hand they BLOW, i have one on the shelf forsale if u need it the 03 up are common rail injected, absolutly NO problems! umm anything else just ask im here. and my answer is if it was me buy a VW
    2002 dodge cummins - mechanically injected, stupid built.. never ending project
    2013 Toyota Tacoma - crewcab, v6, 6 spd, 4wd, TRD package

it's all luck of the draw when it comes to buying any car. i know plenty of people with dmaxes pulling plenty of weight without blinking an eye. i know people who hate dmaxes. shit happens to all of them .
    Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by Yeehaw View Post
    thinkin newer duramax too.....
    Didn't know you were an import guy
    Jamie

01 F150 Screw 5.4 4x4 99 VW Jetta 64 Olds Cutlass
    83 Cutlass Gbody Wagon 85 Suzuki GS700ES needs some new parts now

Yeah they all have problems if there was a perfect truck out there everyone would by one. Well maybe not everyone, there are those guys who have some sort of brand loyality for no apparent reason even if what they sell is junk.

It all comes down to what brands problems you are willing to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleAron View Post
    Yeah they all have problems if there was a perfect truck out there everyone would by one. Well maybe not everyone, there are those guys who have some sort of brand loyality for no apparent reason even if what they sell is junk.

It all comes down to what brands problems you are willing to deal with.
    ur telling me! perfect truck for me would be a 08 f350 crew sb with a 06 commonrail cummins and a allison 6spd. do you know how many mother fers would buy that!! im soo close to doing it! i was looking for wrecked 08 fords to build a pullin truck with. just cant find any ford dealers that wana part with a lemon oh btw Short fuse- when u selling me ur truck??

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinRAM114 View Post
    perfect truck for me would be a 08 f350 crew sb with a 06 commonrail cummins and a allison 6spd.
    I agree. This would be a winner!!

my perfect truck is sitting in the lot at work. silver birch duramax. oh wait thats my truck. lol
    Brandon

Senior Member..now yer posting! Monstr913's Avatar
    all brands have there good parts and bad parts...and then when u find a brand to deal with its problems u then have to find a motor ur willing to deal with...it all depends on how much ur willing to pay and what ur willing to deal with

on a side note best truck mine with sfa i hate ifs, lol
    DD: 2003 GMC Sierra 3500 Dually, ec/lb, Efi live by Duramax Tuner controlled through Edge CTS monitor, 5" MBRP exhaust, AFE stage 2 intake.

Toy: "My Pet Monster" 2001 Chevy 2500hd cc/sb, 2.6 pull truck, more money in it then I'd like to admit.

yeah nothing wrong with a very very low 14 sec plow truck. other then your clear coat coming off. lol
    Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by Anakonda69 View Post
    yeah nothing wrong with a very very low 14 sec plow truck. other then your clear coat coming off. lol
    my friends dad had his 04 entirely repainted by chevy last month due to that, he bitched till he got his way

Senior Member..now yer posting! Monstr913's Avatar
    might have to look into that although with mine being an 01 don't think they'll really carsd plus with plowing i'm sure they'll say thats part of it
    DD: 2003 GMC Sierra 3500 Dually, ec/lb, Efi live by Duramax Tuner controlled through Edge CTS monitor, 5" MBRP exhaust, AFE stage 2 intake.

Toy: "My Pet Monster" 2001 Chevy 2500hd cc/sb, 2.6 pull truck, more money in it then I'd like to admit.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinRAM114 View Post
    my friends dad had his 04 entirely repainted by chevy last month due to that, he bitched till he got his way
    wow that must have been a whole lot of bitching. which dealer painted it? what color was it?
    Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by Anakonda69 View Post
    wow that must have been a whole lot of bitching. which dealer painted it? what color was it?
    im not 100% sure on the dealer its black