Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tuf 10

huh? did you count how many unanswered or unblocked kicks and jabs Wes received or how the last round he was just standing hunched over? Imo both of them sucked, but the decision was about as accurate as you could get. yeah, Wes should have smashed him but he COULDN'T due to his own lack of training.

I'll watch the fight again but Evans himself admitted he wasn't all that confident about who won the fight, I saw it as a tie......

He would say that, his fighter lost but I could see a tie but thats probably because they knew neither fighter could go a 3rd round.

Senior Member..now yer posting! pnad's Avatar
    I was literally yelling at the TV, "YOU GOT HIM DOWN JUST HIT HIM FOR CHRIST SAKE!"

I think Wes threw one mf'in elbow while he was laying on top of McSweeney.

I have no idea where I am 94greenbandit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Exitspeed View Post
    I wouldn't call a good fight one where half the second round both fighters are standing there with their hands on their hips.

I think the decision was dead wrong too.
    For your information sir I said it was an OK fight

I agree I thought Wes won that but not by much

Quote Originally Posted by Car Guy View Post
    I'll watch the fight again but Evans himself admitted he wasn't all that confident about who won the fight, I saw it as a tie......
    Quote Originally Posted by Yooformula View Post
    He would say that, his fighter lost but I could see a tie but thats probably because they knew neither fighter could go a 3rd round.
    Yoo actually that was Evans fighter that won

Quote Originally Posted by Yooformula View Post
    huh? did you count how many unanswered or unblocked kicks and jabs Wes received or how the last round he was just standing hunched over? Imo both of them sucked, but the decision was about as accurate as you could get. yeah, Wes should have smashed him but he COULDN'T due to his own lack of training.
    Huh? Wes had multiple take downs in eat round and "controlled" the ground about 95% of the time they were down there...which was 70% of the fight. There was only one point where Wes was in danger with the rear naked choke.

You're right though, neither one should consider that a win, no matter which way it went.

Quote Originally Posted by Exitspeed View Post
    There was only one point where Wes was in danger with the rear naked choke.
    I don't remember Wes being in danger with the rear naked choke. I thought Wes had James almost in danger two different times with the RNC

Quote Originally Posted by 94greenbandit View Post
    I don't remember Wes being in danger with the rear naked choke. I thought Wes had James almost in danger two different times with the RNC
    Yeah there was just one point when James got a reverse. I actually thought Wes was gonna tap but he got his head out. But out of the whole time they spent on the ground that was the only point Wes was in "danger". And I use the word danger loosely.

Wait wasn't that a guillotine when wes was on top and James was on the bottom I guess I don't remember everything

Quote Originally Posted by 94greenbandit View Post
    Yoo actually that was Evans fighter that won
    yeah, you are right there.

wes wasnt in a rnc, it was a guillotine hold that he finally popped his head out of. Yeah, wes had alot of take downs in the early 1st round but he never finished him off and barely gnp and I dont remember if he really had any good take downs in the 2nd round other than a couple and mostly due to a lazy kicked tossed at him. regardless, the fight sucked and for a former nfl player he had miserable cardio and taking his 6'8" 275lbs of weight into account he didnt use that to his advantage very well imo.

Wes looked very awkward when he was throwing punches and moving forward

You're right it was a guillotine. Gee and I wasn't even drinking while I watched it...My point was, that was the only time I felt Wes was in danger during the fight.

Like you said though it coulda went either way. That's why Dana always tells people, "don't leave it in the judges hands".