Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tuf 10

I have no idea where I am 94greenbandit's Avatar

Tuf 10

Is anybody gonna watch this. Seems like it should be a good season and not just because the hype of Kimbo

Senior Member..now yer posting! pnad's Avatar

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    Cant wait. This might be the best season ever.

I'll be watching the first episode at a friend's house (I have no cable, satellite, etc) to see if I can stand the 'reality' aspect of the show. I have never watched an episode of TUF and usually can't stand reality shows in general but hope I can last until season's end......

Quote Originally Posted by pnad View Post
    Post is two months old it is now irrelevant

I'm very surprised about how TUF is produced, almost NO typical reality show drama to be seen. If the rest of the season is like tonight's I will for sure watch the entire thing.....

On another note, Jackson may be a great fighter but he's a moron......

I am sure there will be plenty of drama once they start showing the guys in the house. Plus the future previews look pretty good.

I can't understand why Rampage picked the bigger fighters. I think he has most of the former NFL players right. I think we might have to wait until the middle of the season to see Kimbo fight unless Rashad gets to pick him to fight earlier

Quote Originally Posted by Car Guy View Post
    I'm very surprised about how TUF is produced, almost NO typical reality show drama to be seen. If the rest of the season is like tonight's I will for sure watch the entire thing.....

On another note, Jackson may be a great fighter but he's a moron......
    You haven't watched the show before have you? lol

Ohhh there will be drama. But then they get to punch each other in the face so it's ok.

The fight last night sucked, but the gash the dude got on his head was freakin epic.

The season should be good. But I hope the rest of the fights aren't just laying on top of each other. I'm all about a technical ground fight, but that's not what we got last night.

Well I think that once Abe got that cut he was done fo. You could tell he didn't want to be there anymore, pluss he was gassed. He was mentally done, wasn't even listening to his corner when they got stood back up the other guy would just come back and put him down.

Quote Originally Posted by 94greenbandit View Post
    Well I think that once Abe got that cut he was done fo. You could tell he didn't want to be there anymore, pluss he was gassed. He was mentally done, wasn't even listening to his corner when they got stood back up the other guy would just come back and put him down.
    He was totally gassed. And where did his jujitsu go?

Didn't seem like he ever had any jujitsu since when he got taken down the first time he didn't do squat

Didn't seem like he ever had any jujitsu since when he got taken down the first time he didn't do squat
    Considering he said he was so smart (which was funny he had to think about 10x2) I don't think that dude could spell jujitsu.

How far do you think Kimbo will get?

It is hard to say because it will largely depend on who he gets matched up with. The little bit they showed it seems like he has decent takedown defense but that won't last long against a good wrestler. I think whoever he fights they will try to make it a ground and pound fight. I think he gets lucky in his first fight but loses the second

I was referring to 'drama' in relation to how the show is produced and not between people of the show. Most other reality shows are produced to where everything is nonstop hype hype hype and then after they've fucked with you long enough you finally get to see it. One example is when parts of the show that have already been shown are 'reviewed' right after a commercial break, that shit drives me crazy. I don't need to be constantly reminded of what was watched previously, I'm still watching the show to see what happens NEXT. TUF is produced in more of a straight forward manner with the show moving right along quickly, which is what I like......

Last edited by Car Guy; 09-17-2009 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Car Guy View Post
    I was referring to 'drama' in relation to how the show is produced and not between people of the show. Most other reality shows are produced to where everything is nonstop hype hype hype and then after they've fucked with you long enough you finally get to see it. One example is when parts of the show that have already been shown are 'reviewed' right after a commercial break, that shit drives me crazy. I don't need to be constantly reminded of what was watched previously, I'm still watching the show to see what happens NEXT. TUF is produced in more of a straight forward manner with the show moving right along quickly, which is what I like......

Aaahh, gotchya.

Man these heavyweights are fucking lame. I know they are big guys, but damn they are getting gassed after the first round.

The Shivers was a damn NFL athlete, and he's that much out of shape? Gay.

I hope Kimbo doesn't gas.

If the season continues like this I think Dana will think twice about having another heavyweight season.

Yeah I cant believe by like half way through the first round how tired Wes was getting. it was an ok fight for what it was. These guys need to step up their cardio big time

Well I guess we get to see what Kimbo can do in a real cage against a seasoned well rounded opponent

so boring. Wes came out to fight strong then just pffft. the other big nfl player was a joke during training too! From what I read Kimbo gets fucked up in his first fight, but not too sure how accurate that was.

Yeah I cant believe by like half way through the first round how tired Wes was getting. it was an ok fight for what it was. These guys need to step up their cardio big time

Well I guess we get to see what Kimbo can do in a real cage against a seasoned well rounded opponent
    I wouldn't call a good fight one where half the second round both fighters are standing there with their hands on their hips.

I think the decision was dead wrong too.

Quote Originally Posted by Exitspeed View Post
    I think the decision was dead wrong too.

x 1,000,000

Wes Shivers would have destroyed James McSweeny if his cardio was halfway decent, but it could be said the other way too. I was very surprised at how well Shivers did considering he doesn't have nearly as much MMA training as McSweeny, however, I was also equally un-impressed with McSweeny's so called 'game'.....

I knew Evans would pick Kimbo the first chance he got and going against Roy Nelson will be a great match-up......

Last edited by Car Guy; 09-24-2009 at 01:41 PM.