Thread: bad morning

bad morning

take a turn and hit the pedal and nothing. accelerates like a metro. have all 5 gears though. guessing either my brand new fuel filter is clogged or my injectors or injector plugs took a crap. any ideas?
    Brandon
    2004.5 K2500hd LLY Dmax/Allison EC/SB - Minor Mod's
    2005 Trailblazer Lt 4x4 - Wife's - Stock
    PS3HANDLE:SilverStreak82

No CEL, "reduced power" warning light, codes, nothing on your DIC?

Maybe there is air in the fuel system from the filter swap. Try unscrewing the bleeder screw and pumping the shit out of the primer button...

Usually injector stuff goes out over time not suddenly, no?

If anything I'd say try the fuel filter first. And I just threw a 10k mile one out with the trash Friday that we could have at least used for testing. I have the wif sensor tool and the correct size filter wrench at the house if you want to come by and swap one out later. Just shoot me a PM.

Happened to me, Was the fuel filter. I primed it until fuel came out and it ran fine for a day. Then same thing you have. So I primed it again and got more air out. ran fine ever since.
    Owner of Sunset Self Storage LLC. LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED STORAGE. 24/7 access. No Contract length. Self Storage/Portable Storage/Vehicle Transport
    Thanks, Brad 262.751.9439

09 Cadillac CTS V Has some stuff done...
    05 Chevy Duramax: Best time in 4wd was 12.22 @ 108
    99 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic: Big Bore, Cams, tune.

maf bolts loosened up and maf fell out of intake tube. got some new bolts at hardware store and all is well now. lol i thought my filter got clogged too, even though i only have 600 miles on it i know they clog at any/all times so.
    Brandon

check the harness to injectors 2 and 7 they have issues which would cause that but usually the truck would miss bad and you would notice or else my guess would be a plugged fuel filter
    -Kyle

2006 F350 6.0 CCLB DRW Lariat
    Gearhead, Holders Diesel, Retro Solutions, Pure Diesel Power, Screamin Eagle, Spyder Industries, Recon, Dirty Diesels
    KCCO!

I have no idea where I am 94greenbandit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakonda69 View Post
    maf bolts loosened up and maf fell out of intake tube. got some new bolts at hardware store and all is well now. lol i thought my filter got clogged too, even though i only have 600 miles on it i know they clog at any/all times so.
    So did you loctite those bolts this time. Hate to have that happen again.

Senior Member..now yer posting! Monstr913's Avatar
    i think u should buy an Lb7 i never had problems with mine lol and look where my maf is it can't fall out
    DD: 2003 GMC Sierra 3500 Dually, ec/lb, Efi live by Duramax Tuner controlled through Edge CTS monitor, 5" MBRP exhaust, AFE stage 2 intake.

Toy: "My Pet Monster" 2001 Chevy 2500hd cc/sb, 2.6 pull truck, more money in it then I'd like to admit.

Quote Originally Posted by Anakonda69 View Post
    take a turn and hit the pedal and nothing. accelerates like a metro. have all 5 gears though. guessing either my brand new fuel filter is clogged or my injectors or injector plugs took a crap. any ideas?
    Did you just put the new filter in? I'd say its that and try what Brad said about prime'ing it again. Or try another filter.
    --
    Jon

no loctite i wanna be able to get them out if need be. lol LB7'S SUCK!!! LLY FTW!!!
    Brandon

LLY overheating FTL!! :P
    Quote Originally Posted by lotsals1
    I nailed his a$$ with my windsheild fluid
    Toyota Prius: Probably not your first mistake.

i have never had any issues with mine and the overheating. i do plan to do a lbz mouthpiece soon to help it breath a bit.
    Brandon