Bike Rear-ended and needs taillight

A few hours ago, I was on Ohio Street in downtown Chicago. I thought I would ride through town and look at the building site for the Chicago Spiral. I was sitting at a red light right in front of Uno's Pizzzaria. I had been there for 20 seconds with cars stopped all around me.

My bike suddenly jolted forward about a foot. I thought that I might have let off the clutch or something of that sort, but then I looked behind me and saw a few pieces of tail light on the ground. The driver was on his phone, but got off a few seconds later. About 50 people were on the sidewalk (eating uno's), watching to see what happened.

The driver of the car, named John, was cool about it. Right away, he pulled out his info and made a good effort to settle this. I told him that the damage was minor and all that it will need is a new tail light, which I could do myself in 10 minutes. He and I used our phones to try to find the cost of a new tail light, but only found a chromed version. We figured the chrome one cost about two Andrew Jacksons more so we settled at what seemed reasonable.

sooooooooooo

Does anyone here know where to find one of those flickering LED tail lights?
    When Injustice Becomes Law; Rebellion Becomes Duty

Ebay Wait, you have a sportster they stock parts for those things everywhere. Try the Harley Dealer on like 64th and layton, they seem to have a huge parts selection
    iPedal : AIM:BMXpORK : Milwaukee, Wi : SUICIDEDOORS

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

I knew that already.

I'm not doing ebay. I've recieved too much junk from them.

But what about the brake lights that flicker when you hit the brakes?

LED? Try calling Ride in New Berlin they could order it for you.
    iPedal : AIM:BMXpORK : Milwaukee, Wi : SUICIDEDOORS

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Al View Post
    A few hours ago, I was on Ohio Street in downtown Chicago. I thought I would ride through town and look at the building site for the Chicago Spiral. I was sitting at a red light right in front of Uno's Pizzzaria. I had been there for 20 seconds with cars stopped all around me.

My bike suddenly jolted forward about a foot. I thought that I might have let off the clutch or something of that sort, but then I looked behind me and saw a few pieces of tail light on the ground. The driver was on his phone, but got off a few seconds later. About 50 people were on the sidewalk (eating uno's), watching to see what happened.

The driver of the car, named John, was cool about it. Right away, he pulled out his info and made a good effort to settle this. I told him that the damage was minor and all that it will need is a new tail light, which I could do myself in 10 minutes. He and I used our phones to try to find the cost of a new tail light, but only found a chromed version. We figured the chrome one cost about two Andrew Jacksons more so we settled at what seemed reasonable.

sooooooooooo

Does anyone here know where to find one of those flickering LED tail lights?
    www.brightasslights.com
    seriously,intense.
    Check out our NEW online store!
    http://store.clocksoffracing.com/

Quote Originally Posted by juicedimpss View Post
    www.brightasslights.com
    seriously,intense.
    Do want!

Its a kit that makes your tail light flash 5 times when ever you hit the brakes. Its not built into the tail lights, IIRC.

I just found out that the cover for my rear light is only $32!!!

go to j&p cycles webside. All kind of lights for the harley. The flash unit is called back-off, they have them for $40.

steve
    2016 jeep cherokee trailhawk

2006 toyota matrix

2007 Harley Ultra classic

j&p als has my tail lamp cover for $22!

there ya go cheaper then you thought i was gana rec. motorcycle superstore and bike bandit but not shure if they have harley tail lights
    2001 Trans Am WS6, Race car
    [COLOR="Blue"]2006 Tacoma Xrunner

2001 Trans Am WS6, Race car
    [COLOR="Blue"]2006 Tacoma Xrunner