Hybrid View

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    I'm guessing its a 50/50 shop.
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

His fuck up caused 2 spun connecting rod bearings on my Olds 350 after only 2300 miles so I can feel this guys pain. Mike was unwilling to work with me other than a small discount on labor. I had to buy all new pistons and rings, 2 connecting rods, whole new oversized bearing kit, cam bearings and of course, cleaning/magnafluxing the block and crank at a cost of just over $1000. From what we could tell, 2 wrist pins were installed too tight and the bearings couldn't take the strain.

Borchardt's SUCKS

1984 Hurst/Olds A4 W/ Lightning Rods '73 350 Rocket
    1993 Z28 M6 Mostly Stock, a couple of bolt ons
    2004 Silverado Regency (modded from the factory) Now with a Tom Tune!

View pics of my ride here

that place sucks!
    03 Terminator Vert
    06 TL

I had an 'experience' with him that cost me $4,000 to fix......

BCM Bruiser
    Somewhere between here and there and over there
    i got a buddy who was thinkin of taken a small black there for machine work and about two minutes after i got off the phone with him i see that shit on craigslist.

C&s
    03 Terminator Vert
    06 TL

Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    i got a buddy who was thinkin of taken a small black there for machine work and about two minutes after i got off the phone with him i see that shit on craigslist.
    There are MUCH better places in town that can do the work for your friend, I wouldn't let Butcher's touch my lawnmower if they were the last shop in town......

Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    Call John @ Rocket Racing in Tichigan. He did my block work and has done machineing for many others on here. Top Quailty work, he will never BS with you, he will show you exactly what he will do on all of his machines and when its done you will be extremely impressed. Tell Him you want the same quailty of Chad Schmidt's SBF block
    "If you keep feeding a lion, then run out of food, you're the food.."

Yup John at Rocket Racing.Good guy top notch

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey1226 View Post
    Call John @ Rocket Racing in Tichigan. He did my block work and has done machineing for many others on here. Top Quailty work, he will never BS with you, he will show you exactly what he will do on all of his machines and when its done you will be extremely impressed. Tell Him you want the same quailty of Chad Schmidt's SBF block
    x3 for rocket. I've never heard a bad thing about them (especially regarding the Olds motors), but I did have my motor gone over (not assembled) by NVR in Butler and never had a problem with their work/parks in over 5 years. Easy to work with and he's seen plenty of Butchards fuck ups.
    Last edited by 84hurst; 09-13-2009 at 12:20 AM.

Borchardt's SUCKS

1984 Hurst/Olds A4 W/ Lightning Rods '73 350 Rocket
    1993 Z28 M6 Mostly Stock, a couple of bolt ons
    2004 Silverado Regency (modded from the factory) Now with a Tom Tune!

View pics of my ride here

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey1226 View Post
    x4 in the past 3 years i think ive sent 4 or 5 complete engine builds there... all were done perfact
    70 cutlass 442- dads car
    95 stang- Stock long block 195,XXX miles
    03 XC600 - bone stock (still faster then smokin ram)
    03 Polaris predator- 4.250 bore (assembly required)
    84- 4 eyed