low to mid 400RWHP LSX

What would be needed to make 420-450RWHP through either a TH400 or a 4L60E, with either a LS1 or an LS2. without nitrous. i have been wanting to do a mid 400 wheel horsepower setup LSX into another car, and then put a little nitrous on top of it.

i'm assuming you will need an Intake (fast?LS6)
    Cam unsure if size,valvetrain and some other headwork, then exhaust/headers/etc. also would it maybe be better to just go carb'd LSX?

also what kind of support mods would you need (injectors,fpr,computer,ingnition etc)

i'm gonna be looking on LS1Tech to try and find some of the awnsers but i know there are alot of LSX setup's on here so any info would help.

thanks
    Last edited by Flicktitty; 09-10-2009 at 10:09 AM.

2006 roadking custom. KF 9000 Champion 0TransAm0's Avatar
    i got

LT headers,ORY,magnaflow catback

lid,MTI ported polished TB,LS6 intake mani.

comp cam: 581-224 112LSA paired with PRC stage 2.5 5.3L heads

before the heads i put down 375 to the wheels. tom installed the heads and tuned it. im thinking it should have about 400-415 at the wheels.. i have yet to get to a dyno to see what gain i got out of the heads.. texas speed claims 35-50hp gains..

i also have all the supporting stuff such as 660 lift valve springs ls6 oil pump 3.73 gears in the rear. with a TA cover.and suspension stuff.. and a 3400 stall for the AUTO trans.. tom also installed braided fuel lines and polished fuel rails.. im sure the stock ones would be fine. i just wanted the bling factor..
    Last edited by 0TransAm0; 09-10-2009 at 10:00 AM.

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
    What would be needed to make 420-450RWHP through either a TH400 or a 4L60E, with either a LS1 or an LS2. without nitrous. i have been wanting to do a mid 400 wheel horsepower setup LSX into another car, and then put a little nitrous on top of it.

i'm assuming you will need an Intake (fast?LS6)
    Cam unsure if size,valvetrain and some other headwork, then exhaust/headers/etc. also would it maybe be better to just go carb'd LSX?

also what kind of support mods would you need (injectors,fpr,computer,ingnition etc)

i'm gonna be looking on LS1Tech to try and find some of the awnsers but i know there are alot of LSX setup's on here so any info would help.

thanks
    LS2 w/ usuall bolt ons, cam, and a good tune.

I'd go on ls1gto.com
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

Bolt-ons, a cam thats not so huge and a good tune up... That netted 475 to the wheels through a M6 on my buddies 06' C6 and that with with stock heads and intake. So that would get you right around that 440 ish range through a TH400 and a converter thats not over the top loose.

Just springs, pushrods and of course the cam would be your only internal upgrades needed, maybe some rods bolts for an extra safety margin. SVO 30# injectors (almost 37# at LSx 60 psi). No fancy gimics like undersdrive pulleys or roller rockers are needed to make this kind of power.
    Last edited by BAD LS1; 09-10-2009 at 10:34 AM.
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

i would say a mild h/c/i full exhaust ls2 or an aggressive h/c/i full exhaust ls1

my GTO is a manual, ls2 car with catback, intake, and dynotune. it made 344rwhp with the intake alone, and then 375rwhp with the catback and dynotune. cammed/exhaust ls2 GTO's make 420ish rwhp, maybe more. in order to get what you want, and get it with an auto, you're going to need heads in my opinion. ls1's are easier to come by, further substantiating the need for heads
    current rides:

'13 nissan GTR
    '13 GT500
    '09 c6z-06
    '09 escalade
    '85 GT