light sight on bow

I bought a light but was thinking I could make one on my own. Anyone have any ideas. I spent 22 dollars but the light is to bright and a pita to mount. If I can make my own and have it be not as bright I wouldn't mind doing it.

Are we talking for for iliminating the pins?

I have a tiny red light, about the size of a Tums tablet that mounts just like a pin. Dont think it even cost $20 and the battery is 5yrs old and still working.Kinda like this:
    http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...N%26start%3D20
    http://sites.google.com/site/russjerome/
    Watching the country collapse in front of me while nobody else notices...

What kind of sight do you have and what kind of mounting options does it give you? I had one like Russ mentions on the Trophy Ridge Matrix on my old bow and it worked great.The only difference with mine was you could twist the switch and leave it lit.... it seems that this one you just push the button to "charge" it up which could be good too. With my HHA sight, it picks up basically any trace of light even in pitch black so I didn't need to bother thank goodness.
    Last edited by DirtyMax; 09-06-2009 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyMax View Post
    What kind of sight do you have and what kind of mounting options does it give you? I had one like Russ mentions on the Trophy Ridge Matrix on my old bow and it worked great.The only difference with mine was you could twist the switch and leave it lit.... it seems that this one you just push the button to "charge" it up which could be good too. With my HHA sight, it picks up basically any trace of light even in pitch black so I didn't need to bother thank goodness.
    This is what I did to mount a mini flashlight not the best looking but it works

Light turned off

Light turned on

I will only use this for low light conditions as most of the time I hunt in a box blind and hardly any light gets in.

Thanks for the help guys. I bought one like russ jerome posted a pic but that was over 20 bucks.