Bunkhouse Retreat is closing for good.

http://www.bunkhouseretreat.com/

Dont think I will ever get to experience it, I dont see how I can make it there before closing. That sucks.

Son of a fuckin bitch !

That fuckin sux more than most will ever know !

That place was so cool and I wish I could have went there more often !

Something seems odd to me, it seems like there is an awful lot of stuff there for them to just abandon the whole thing, all the facilities, the bar, campgrounds, cabins, everything, they are just closing,, and thats it? Doesnt make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by badass88gt View Post
    Something seems odd to me, it seems like there is an awful lot of stuff there for them to just abandon the whole thing, all the facilities, the bar, campgrounds, cabins, everything, they are just closing,, and thats it? Doesnt make sense.
    yeah?? they just built the bar didn't they. wonder if they were getting heat from the local government or if they just made enough money?!?! i would like to know the details.

really sucks for the atv/dirtbike community. this is a big loss.

\/ What amazing looks like \/
    cost to insure a place like that had to have been crazy expensive

Quote Originally Posted by car_ramrod View Post
    cost to insure a place like that had to have been crazy expensive
    well, they could have closed off the play area and still made a killing on lodging, food, beer and whatnot?!?!

this really sucks. every year i say, "we have to get to the bunkhouse", but i never went. at least i can say that i made it there once, and made it through his private mudhole! not many can say that!

\/ What amazing looks like \/
    i just talked to the owner via phone he said it was because the county and the dnr closed the trail going to the property.. and there you have it..

he said they had no reason to do it.

i said it was bullshit he then said

yes it is but thats life.

Quote Originally Posted by car_ramrod View Post
    i just talked to the owner via phone he said it was because the county and the dnr closed the trail going to the property.. and there you have it..

he said they had no reason to do it.

i said it was bullshit he then said

yes it is but thats life.
    i figured that it had something to do with the state or the DNR. the DNR had to hate that place. I mean, people actually getting to have fun and being able to act crazy in a controlled enviromet?!?!? we can't have that!

I have no idea where I am 94greenbandit's Avatar
    Never heard of the place but it looks cool. Father in law owns land near up there

I guess now we know. I never got to get down there, a couple of buddies were there last weekend, had a blast.

FVCK the DNR...!!!

That is all......

Post whore
    Does it matter if there is a trail going to it? I'd imagine people would still go to play around. I guess they wouldn't be able to make it work since less people would show up.
    2005 DSOM Corvette, Z51, M6, Z06 Mufflers

Well there is the Hotel Bar And Grill in Humbird that is on the Clark County trail system. they have nice rooms (single and double) . And very reasonable rates.
    Most everyone in this area (minus the ones Steve has pissed off) think that the DNR closing the spur to the Bunkhouse is bullshit. The Bunkhouse created a lot of revenue for this area. Besides it was a fun place to go hang out at.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddles View Post
    Well there is the Hotel Bar And Grill in Humbird that is on the Clark County trail system. they have nice rooms (single and double) . And very reasonable rates.
    Most everyone in this area (minus the ones Steve has pissed off) think that the DNR closing the spur to the Bunkhouse is bullshit. The Bunkhouse created a lot of revenue for this area. Besides it was a fun place to go hang out at.
    eh. without the bunkhouse, i know i will never atv in that area again. while the trails are certainly nice, the bunkhouse gave it that extra level of coolness.

IMO, Iron County is now the top choice for atving in the state.

Check out Rome. I go there several times per year - its just south of Wisconsin Rapids about 3-3.5 hours away. You can ride all over the town on the streets, over age 12 with a helmet. There are two parks - Bentley Hills DNR park is free and has a ton of trails, and Dyracuse is $10 for the day and has trails, play area, motocross and supercross tracks, etc. There are also 4 nice lakes in the area. You can ride from park to park, lake to lake, ride right up to the beaches. Its awesome.

I also have been hearing about Gilette as well. I have never been, but they are billing themselves as Wisconsin's ATV capital. Google Gilette, Dyracuse, etc. for more info!
    96 Viper GTS Underground Racing Twin 78mm Precision turbos, Proline 510 stroker-1483RWHP
    73 Challenger Bickel Chassis, Indy 572 HEMI-860HP
    67 Plymouth Fury Police Pursuit, Indy 505-600HP
    94 Stealth RT/TT built 6G72, 13G, FMIC
    75 Trailduster 440 Convertible
    92 Galant VR4 #848
    04 Neon SRT4 Mods!