Anyone here take the DMV license test?

I just started riding. And I have my temps. But would like to know what the dmv license test is like so I can get my regular so I can ride at night. So I know what to really practice on. I didn't take the classes thing as I don't have 300 bucks to drop. And after 10 min of riding I was catching on damn fast. I think with a couple weeks of riding I will probably be able to take the test. But just want to know what skills they make you perform so I can practice them. And really get down and good at. Obviously riding alot but anything in particular?
    2000 Dodge Neon...Low and Slow
    2010 Dodge Caliber...Daily/Winter
    1994 Honda CBR600F2...Go Fast toy

mostly control over the bike is most important. get plenty of practice riding at low speeds so it is obvious that you are comfortable on the bike. the biggest thing the tester will be watching for is that they can see you looking around,make sure you turn your head.
    Check out our NEW online store!
    http://store.clocksoffracing.com/

$300 Damn when I took it at WCTC it was like $60, 'course that was in 2000
    Jamie

01 F150 Screw 5.4 4x4 99 VW Jetta 64 Olds Cutlass
    83 Cutlass Gbody Wagon 85 Suzuki GS700ES needs some new parts now

Easy. Took no more than 10 minutes. Signaling, lane changing, moving your head to look left and right, making a u-turn in a sidestreet, slowly without putting your feet down, panic brake using front and rear brakes without dumping it.

That's about it

I didn't take the dmv test, only the brc, so take this for what you want.

BRC course, max speed is 15-20 mph. It's all about slow control. For the brc test, you have to do a figure 8 in a very very small box. maybe 13 by 20 feet. You have to take a turn and look to the end of the turn, and you also have to surve. turning your head fully and looking ahead is the most important.

^^ oh, yeah, I forgot about the bull shit panic brake. Use both brakes, while shifting into first, then put your left foot down.

I call it bs, because everyone hits the brakes before you are told to. If you actually hit the brakes when they tell you, its much harder. I slammed on the brakes, actually locked the rear, yet didn't stop in time for the test. What the hell.

Good to know. Thanks alot. Will def hit the parking lots up and work on my slow tight turning. Took it on the free way for the first time. Now that was a rush haha.

I took it in Manitowoc, WI and a guaranteed fail was not braking before unmarked intersections. If they run you through a side street, make sure they see your brake light when you cross through an intersection.

Also, all the business stuff is on the Right handlebar (start, kill, throttle) and your horn is on your Left side. They made us sit on the bike and they did a quick "start", "Left Turn", "horn", "kill switch" type verbal test before we drove off. The only thing I did wrong in the whole test was hit the starter instead of the horn. Stupid, but not something you practice much.

About turning your head. You need to act like you're in a school play. You need to overact in your motions so they are guaranteed to see your actions. When they want to see you check an intersection, they want to see your brain through your ears (if you weren't wearing a helmet). You need to painfully turn your head far Left and far Right. If you turn and glance such that you can see and they miss it, it's a mark off.

I'm sure if you ride 40 hours before you go take the test, you will pass with no issues. Best thing is to ride around neighborhoods with unmarked intersections and practice being overly cautious. -Good Luck

Also make sure you slow down before entering a turn then speed up in the middle of the turn.

Good luck getting in for the test. I had to reschedule 2 times, making it a total of 3 times of me going to the DMV for my test. The first two times it was raining and they dont do motorcycle tests in the rain. The 3rd time there was 3 inches of snow on the ground and they don't do tests in the snow. What a crock of shit. I rode my cb550 EVERY DAY so who cares of its raining / snowing? Not me
    iPedal : AIM:BMXpORK : Milwaukee, Wi : SUICIDEDOORS

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

one thing that failed me was during the ride the instructer will flash his lights at you and wants to see you nod your head when you see it happen.
    2016 jeep cherokee trailhawk

2006 toyota matrix

2007 Harley Ultra classic

wctc wasn't too expensive when i went i think $150 but was well worth not having to take the stupid road test and you learn some good facts as well as the usual bs ones as well.
    2001 Trans Am WS6, Race car
    [COLOR="Blue"]2006 Tacoma Xrunner

Senior Member..now yer posting! deuceWI's Avatar
    When I took my test, the only thing the tester complained about was my panic stop. I actually stopped much much quicker than he expected which the tester felt was semi-dangerous. In the real world though, I'll do whatever it takes not to rear-end something, so I didn't sweat it too much and passed the rest fine. I'm more afraid of stopping quickly in traffic hoping the cars behind me are paying attention and don't run me over.

One other tip. Make sure the bike is fully functional / mechanically sound / and preferably not modified. Some modifications can be questionable as to whether they are DOT street legal or not, and they're not going to let you take the test on a bike that's not up to spec.

Oh Yea, I took the class at MATC and it was less then 200. It was somewhere near 160 bucks, and worth it for the 10% insurance discount
    iPedal : AIM:BMXpORK : Milwaukee, Wi : SUICIDEDOORS

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by deuceWI View Post
    I'm more afraid of stopping quickly in traffic hoping the cars behind me are paying attention and don't run me over.
    i'm the same about this if i gata stop i'm gana stop lol

Hrm ok. I will probably just sign up for a class at matc next spring then. I'm in no rush really. I have my temps so I can still ride. With weather the way it has been I'll have to put it away soon anyway lol.

I took it at wctc this spring it was $200. It was done within 1 week. Classroom was tues and thrus and range on sat and sun. The class filled up QUICK. Like 2 hours and it was full. It's worth the money.

Quote Originally Posted by BoosTT View Post
    I took it at wctc this spring it was $200. It was done within 1 week. Classroom was tues and thrus and range on sat and sun. The class filled up QUICK. Like 2 hours and it was full. It's worth the money.
    Yeah when we did ours we sent it in early and still only got our 2nd or 3rd choice for dates.
    Jamie

01 F150 Screw 5.4 4x4 99 VW Jetta 64 Olds Cutlass
    83 Cutlass Gbody Wagon 85 Suzuki GS700ES needs some new parts now

Quote Originally Posted by kornholio788 View Post
    Hrm ok. I will probably just sign up for a class at matc next spring then. I'm in no rush really. I have my temps so I can still ride. With weather the way it has been I'll have to put it away soon anyway lol.
    i'll be riding late into the season like always. Till the snow flies i ride then i have to park it.