Thread: I'm suing EA!

I'm suing EA!

No seriously.

http://sports.ign.com/articles/101/1015586p1.html

Hell yeah I signed up for this. I'm not joking at all. The last football game I bought was NFL 2k5 which IMO was the best football game ever made. I couldn't stand the Madden games. I rented them and just thought they sucked.

When they made this exclusive deal with the NFL I vowed to not buy and EA games. And I didn't until TW 2010 just came out. And I bought that reluctantly.

I've seriously been pissed about this since the day I heard about it. I'll take the god damn stand if they need a fanboy spokesperson.

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    I agree. NFL2K series became the better, more fun game.

I don't like the Madden games. IMO, they made the games too complicated. I don't need all the different moves and hit stick bullshit. Just let me have fun playing the game.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

i would think that a lawsuit would be pretty much useless. there have been a couple pretty recent lawsuits that were of similar nature and all were shot down. the one that comes to mind first is a clothing company suing the NCAA over the rights to college gear. they lost i beleive, with the judge pretty much saying that if teams or the league want to give exclusive rights, that is their decision. should be too IMO. while i agree the 2k series rocked and was better than madden, the league doesn't OWE sega the right to use their property?!?!

I'm not expecting much to happen either. But it was a chance to express my hatred for the whole deal.

I'm missing something. What did Electronic Arts do wrong? Good am I dumb, its been a long week.

Quote Originally Posted by Nix View Post
    I'm missing something. What did Electronic Arts do wrong? Good am I dumb, its been a long week.
    nothing. they completed a very smart business move that some people did not like. the 2k series was awesome. madden is waaaay to much for me now. used to really like it, but now it is too advanced for the casual gamer IMO. i haven't played a madden in 4 years. i wouldn't know where to begin?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Nix View Post
    A few years ago they singed an exclusive deal with the NFL so they are the only ones that can make an officially licensed NFL Football game. Yes it's partly the NFL's fault, but I blame EA mostly. It's a monopoly basically. I haven't bought a football game since 2005 because of it.

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    I'd blame the NFL more then EA. EA just took advantage.

I don't get exclusive rights to stuff like that though. It's like the NFL Sunday Ticket deal with Direct TV. Why make it exclusive? You're just cutting out part of your audience. If the deal is $20 million and they get say 1 million people to sign up for $300 each, why not get $10 mill from DTV, and Dish, and Time Warner and Comcast, and get $300 from 4 million people?

If I was the NFL I'd be interested in as many people as possible getting their hands on my product. And if that means 4 video games, even better.

The best part of the 2K games was they were able to make a strong product for $20-30 less then EA did.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

2006 roadking custom. KF 9000 Champion 0TransAm0's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Exitspeed View Post
    I'm not expecting much to happen either. But it was a chance to express my hatred for the whole deal.
    eh you might get something.. back when they had that huge class action law suit against the music business with people buying Cd's..when you could down load the songs for free..(i know you still can) I'm talking like 10 years ago when downloading music was bigger than ever.(before it was considered stealing.) i filled out an online form and 2-3 years later i got a check in the mail for like 25 bucks....free money.

2006 roadking custom. KF 9000 Champion 0TransAm0's Avatar
    do they ask for a purchase receipt when you fill out this form? hell if they don't ima sign up

Quote Originally Posted by 0TransAm0 View Post
    do they ask for a purchase receipt when you fill out this form? hell if they don't ima sign up
    Nope they don't but they ask how this effects you. I was really honest. I have NOT bought a NFL game since 2k5. I've rented Madden games since then and just thought they sucked.

And yeah I blame them both but this is a lawsuit against EA. I'd sing up for one for the NFL too if I could.

I'm not loosing sleep over it or anything but this has pissed me off for years.