Senior Member..now yer posting! chargedformula's Avatar

went drag racing with my wife the other day

now i am pretty reluctant to let her drive the firebird because you can loose control of the car so fast, punch it in first gear and the thing could spin around. but i promised her i would let her make a pass and she held me to it. we went there friday night and had a good time. she took her GTP and i took my firebird. previously the fastest car she had raced with was her 91 camaro with a 5 speed 305 TBI. it was still around 85 degrees out that evening so i wasnt expecting any spectacular times. her first pass in the GTP was 15.4. best of the night in the GTP was 15.0@ 92 my best of the night for the firebird was 12.7@ 114. then she took the firebird out next, she lined up against an evo (looked new, dont know more than that) he burned her straight out of the hole but she was running him down, and didnt miss any shifts. it was a close race but she just couldnt catch him. she lost with a 14.0@ 106 to his 13.8@ 97. all in all i was very impressed, we are thinking about coming back on ladies night when i am on vacation again.
    96 formula
    Black w/ yellow stripes
    BBK headers, BBK throttle body, Borla catback, ATI procharger @ 8#, 42 lb SVO injectors, OBDI conversion
    12.13 @ 116.3 1.95 60'

Thats freaking cool !
    HVAC...
    Neons...
    House music...

Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    - More naked bitches

My wife's been asking to go too.

Irish
    The family that races together....

Now you guys are going to start fighting over money.. for who's car gets modded first.

Senior Member..now yer posting! chargedformula's Avatar

haha, there is no way she will mod the gtp. its our family car, when she raced it there was a doubble stroller in the trunk and 2 car seats in the back. hopefully now she will be more willing to agree on buying stuff for the firebird
    96 formula
    Black w/ yellow stripes
    BBK headers, BBK throttle body, Borla catback, ATI procharger @ 8#, 42 lb SVO injectors, OBDI conversion
    12.13 @ 116.3 1.95 60'

My ex ran her car in Pamona when I lived in CA. It was an Auto AWD Eclipse with some mods. She broke out though.. ran faster than I thought she would..

Disappointing women since 1970.
    Love you Mom

Ol' School
    man, wish my wife had the confidence to try it cause I would for sure let her take the mach down the track if she wanted. I would have a blast watching her do it not out of making fun of her but just pride. I grew up in a drag racing family and that would just be cool as shit for me

Wife Approved Toys
    03 Mach 1
    98 GSXR 750