The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar

Anderson to give up his MW belt?

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

I'm confused?
    Is he trying to set-up a superfight with Machinda for his last fight in the UFC????

Absolutely not. That fight will NEVER happen, I'd put money on it. Dana White can throw his dick around as much as he'd like, but both of them could deny the fight and there's nothing he could do about it. If it did somehow happen I would bet silva would tap out instantly to not fight...there's always going to be some animosity fighting a friend. It sounds like he doesn't care about the LHW title he just wants to fight some better dudes. There's a large pool of talent in LHW; Rampage, Evans, Jardine, Wanderlei, possibly Couture, Shogun.

He pretty much HAS to move up to be interesting anymore, his team knows it too.
    -Tyler

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    I think he only has about 3 fights left on his contract anyway.
    Depending on how those fights are scheduled....we could see Anderson fight Roy Jones Jr. sometime late next year.

I have no idea where I am 94greenbandit's Avatar
    Him moving up to LHW isn't that much of a stretch. Remember he basically walks around as a LHW during his normal days before he has to cut weight for MW

Quote Originally Posted by Lash View Post
    I think he only has about 3 fights left on his contract anyway.
    Depending on how those fights are scheduled....we could see Anderson fight Roy Jones Jr. sometime late next year.
    WTF? What?

Post whore
    I thought Andrson only had one fight left then he was going to fight Roy Jones Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by spooln30 View Post
    I thought Andrson only had one fight left then he was going to fight Roy Jones Jr.
    I can't believe this is the first I'm hearing of this.

Need to stay better in touch with the MMA world then

Quote Originally Posted by 94greenbandit View Post
    Need to stay better in touch with the MMA world then
    I don't read any MMA forums. Just the threads on cars forums. But I do keep up on the going-ons which is why I'm surprised I didn't hear about it.

Anderson only has 1 fight left on his contract, however there is the champions clause which keeps him in the UFC until he retires or loses the belt basically. A lot of people are saying this is his way of getting out of the champions clause.
    -Tyler

He has 3 FIGHTS LEFT.

They said he had 3 fights left 2 fights ago, did he sign an extension or something?

edit: Guess it is 3 fights, weird, a lot of places have been saying 3 fights forever now. Also he has to fight Maia before Hendo IMO, Hendo had his shot...and will fail miserably.
    Last edited by T-Bag; 08-10-2009 at 06:31 PM.
    -Tyler

Maia is fighting Marquardt @ 102. Whoever wins that would get the next shot after Hendo (if Anderson is still even fighting @ 185 anymore).
    I heard that the Hendo fight isn't even a for sure deal anymore.
    I'm sure Dana doesn't want to waste anymore of Anderson's fights @ 185 with how much potential there is @ 205. Silva and Rashad would make an awesome match-up IMO.

Rashad would just get knocked out by Silva. I think Rampage would make a better match

Quote Originally Posted by 94greenbandit View Post
    Rashad would just get knocked out by Silva.
    Which is why it would be awesome!

Ah Ha now I understand. Maybe Silva can break his jaw so he can't talk