Vinny Rotino for Claudio Vargas?

Not sure here, but I thought Rotino was a very good catching prospect that we had? WTF are they thinking the brewers are done this year and I think Vargas is a has been?
    03 Terminator Vert
    06 TL

vinny has struggled. he was a utilityman, they moved him to catcher so he could focus on something. his hitting has come down, probably due to the catching strain. i think he got moved to AA not even AAA this year, but i dunno. as for vargas, god who knows.
    "A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
    - Jeremy Clarkson

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    Vargas is better option then putting Mike Burns back in the rotation I think. They just need an arm right now.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Karps TA View Post
    Vargas is better option then putting Mike Burns back in the rotation I think. They just need an arm right now.
    I agree. They needed and arm in there. I think they should have went after Pedro Martinez but they missed out on that. This season is over.

Just another arm, hopefully kind of fresh....Rottino isn't looked at as anything more than a backup type player so no loss, it was cool since he is a local guy but the Brewers need someone to throw but their own system is painfully thin, obviously. Dissapointing but unless they deal Gamel/Escobar they won't get an impact pitcher. To be honest looking at the Cards/Cubs the Brewers would need 2-3 more pitchers to be as good or better than them, IMO. Never know what can happen but to be realistic the Playoffs chances are slim.
    Last edited by PB86MCSS; 07-31-2009 at 10:41 PM.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares