1/2 BCM POOL Tag Champs 97z2801ss's Avatar

WTB: Longtubes subframe n more....

Looking for Longtubes, and weld in subframes if anyone has either of these also interested in 3.73s. SS Ls1 Grille and a Lt1 style Billet grille.. Lemme kno what u got

Tony

ne help from the locals is much appreciated!

"You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun,than with a kind word alone."-Al Capone

"Ever since we was kids,we always knew that people can be bought.It was only a question of who did the buyin' and for how much"-Charlie "Lucky" Luciano

Depending on how much you want to spend Ebay had some killer deals on long tubes over the winter and they were very cheap compared to new. You might be able to hit up LS1tech.com and LS1.com for used parts but be careful of the latter due to many scammers. MFBA might have some good used stuff coming up. I know Brandon got his LT1 billet gril VERY cheap off of ebay and it was new too

1/2 BCM POOL Tag Champs 97z2801ss's Avatar
    thank bro ill check out both places!

"You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun,than with a kind word alone."-Al Capone

"Ever since we was kids,we always knew that people can be bought.It was only a question of who did the buyin' and for how much"-Charlie "Lucky" Luciano

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    you lookin for your car or pops car?

otherwise if it's for your LT1, camaroz28.com's message board is the best for LT1 stuff.

I had custom subframes made up. boxed tubing, and they are tucked up there QUITE nicely. Kinda on the expensive side, but to me well worth it because it isn't just tied in on the ends. He welded it in the middle and the bottom of the floorpan too.

Chris

PS- gears are something you want to buy NEW. i don't trust used cams nor gears

TK 14 SS
    Here's a set of SLP longtubes in the Chicago area.
    SLP Longtubes $650
    These are/were some of the best headers you can get for an LS1 (I just happen to have them, myself). Although I haven't checked recently what the going price is for them. When I got mine I paid a lot more (including y-pipe too) but then again there weren't near as many choices available.

Troy

Originally posted by z28kid98
    PS- gears are something you want to buy NEW. i don't trust used cams nor gears
    Used gears I will agree with, unless you know the persona nd how they were used, but roller cams are not an issue... I mean you can just look at a roller cam and tell if it has been abused or not...

true on the roller cams, i've just been so used to pop's talking about it from when i was a little kid and working on the standard SBC and BBC

Originally posted by z28kid98
    true on the roller cams, i've just been so used to pop's talking about it from when i was a little kid and working on the standard SBC and BBC
    Oh yes, I would NEVER buy a flat-tappet cam used.. very bad mojo there...

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    meh...I've done it with other cars i've worked on.

As long as you trust that the lifters were accurately labeled to designate that it goes to the correct lobe (IE driverside, cylinder #2, Intake...or just D2) then there really isn't an issue...you just look for scouring/wipe lobe/bad cam journals as you would virtually any other cam.

I used a used cam on the "valcuda" w/ no issues...The lifters weren't labeled or stored as I've labeled/stored them in the past, it was still simple enough to figure out (the seller used an egg carton ). But it was kind of nice not to have to go through the break-in procedure either.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

i just don't trust other people farther than i can throw 'em, and i'm a skinny guy so that's not very far