Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cobalt People

ouch, i dont like u anymore. i'm telling flick.

Play PS3 with ME!
    Hooray for tuning!

do it! lol. im only kidddddding.
    2jz240sx
    Quote Originally Posted by BOSS LX View Post

Remember, "if it was easy, it wouldn't be cool!"
    wi240sx.OMGforum.net

you better be...

Play PS3 with ME!
    Hooray for tuning!

i aint smart
    2001 Trans Am WS6, Race car
    [COLOR="Blue"]2006 Tacoma Xrunner

Quote Originally Posted by CobaltSSTuner View Post
    go use ur smarts somewhere else. us cobalt people are in that table, we don't need to know what its called

Try ebay. I'll check the forums for ya if your really that interested in finding one.

there is also a tool brand called kobalt...not that its spelled the same
    Sure, thank you
    -Josh

Tork Tech Thunderbird

God Bless the men & women who have served and serving to keep us free

Quote Originally Posted by OxmanWI View Post
    Sure, thank you
    Here is a radio for you. Its a 2008, and its black. If you want a silver one, i'll keep looking.

http://www.cobaltss.net/forums/showthread.php?t=185316

The guy wants like 75 shipped, and i'm pretty sure its plug and play, and shouldn't need to be unlocked.

Play PS3 with ME!
    Hooray for tuning!

Cobalt people come back!

My 2006 Cobalt LS 2.2 has close to 90K on the clock. All stock except CAI. Daily Driver.

I've noticed a grind and clunking sound in my front suspension. I jacked the car up and took both the front wheels off to check the bushings and ball joints but to my surprise all of them are in great condition. I'm thinking the front shocks are going?

I'm thinking about upgrading the shocks and springs in the next couple month since they might have to be replaced for the next oil change. What do you recommend for the 2.2 LS? I wouldn't mind having a lower stiffer ride.

I also noticed that my exhaust is very rusted from the exhaust manifold to the muffler. What is a good set up on the cobalts 2.2? I'm guessing it's only going to be a matter of months before I hear a hole poke out.

Thanks guys!

Josh
    -Josh

Tork Tech Thunderbird

\/ What amazing looks like \/
    Control arm bushings they are trash on these cars. I have about 125k on my car and I'm about to do my second set. Or you need new hubs. I had to replace those a few weeks aback. The one side started to grind out of blue.

Yep, it shoots fireballs!!! stealthy1ss's Avatar

Cobalt people come back!

My 2006 Cobalt LS 2.2 has close to 90K on the clock. All stock except CAI. Daily Driver.

I've noticed a grind and clunking sound in my front suspension. I jacked the car up and took both the front wheels off to check the bushings and ball joints but to my surprise all of them are in great condition. I'm thinking the front shocks are going?

I'm thinking about upgrading the shocks and springs in the next couple month since they might have to be replaced for the next oil change. What do you recommend for the 2.2 LS? I wouldn't mind having a lower stiffer ride.

I also noticed that my exhaust is very rusted from the exhaust manifold to the muffler. What is a good set up on the cobalts 2.2? I'm guessing it's only going to be a matter of months before I hear a hole poke out.

Thanks guys!

Josh
    Grinding noise could be a wheel bearing. As far as clunking that could be the CAB's or shocks/struts. Do you notice any howling noises like loud tires when your driving? Are your shocks leaking? As far as a nice suspension setup for a reasonable price you are going to want to get the FE5 shocks and struts (SS/TC suspension) with Pedders springs or eibach sportlines. I track my SS/SC with the FE5/Pedders setup which seems to be the best option currently. If you want to spend some coin you could buy coilovers or use Koni shocks and struts with either Pedders or Eibach springs. I have a set of Eibach Sportlines that I could sell you for a decent price if your interested. Finally if you want to replace your whole exhaust system obviously go stainless but look at ZZP's website or GMPP exhaust. IMO the best sounding cat back is the GMPP sport or touring exhaust. Its stainless and 2.25".

I'll post on the cobalt WI thread, thanks guys
    -Josh

Tork Tech Thunderbird

Cobalt people come back!

Thanks guys!

Josh
    Most common noises on a Cobalt are:
    Control arm bushings
    Front stabilizer links
    Front struts
    Steering shaft
    Steering column

I have done tons of all of them, same shitty parts on an Ion, HHR etc.
    GM World Class Certified Technician

Looking for a any color blue Cobalt or G5 hood, if you guys happen to know anyone.

Thanks,

Josh
    -Josh

Tork Tech Thunderbird