Need an 05-current Mustang TB....

Just to test that mine is officially dead. 05's had junky plastic TPS's, which I knew in advance. Well, looks like mine if finally dead. Pulled into Benders car show Monday night, and when I went to leave car started and died instantly. Pulled the codes and it's all pointing to the TB. Would like to just verify by putting another one on and seeing if that will clear the codes before I spend the $$$$$ on a new (take off) one. If anyone has one laying around, or the time to waste to come up to my place and I will take yours off, put it on my car, and then back onto yours, it would be greatly appreciated

If that doesn't fix it, check the IAC and perhaps clean it while you're looking at it anyways. They can get gunked up over time and it will cause a problem like you are describing as well.

<div class="imlinks"> <div class="popupmenu vehicleaction"> <a class="popupctrl" href="#"><strong>Vehicles</strong></a> <ul class="popupbody popuphover vehicleaction_body"> <li class="left"><a href="http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/garage_ve
    Marv has one of Coops. It has 1,000 miles on it. Coop upgraded to a GT500 TB.
    $150 takes it.
    2002 Trans AM Ws6 M6 Black on Black. Procharged
    2011 GMC Sierra All Terrain
    2009 Infiniti G37x

Forgive me if im not understanding you right but if you think the tps sensor is bad why wouldn't you just buy a new tps. A new one is less than half the price of that tb that they're trying to sell you, and if it's not the tps then you can return it.
    96 Mustang-the race car
    95 Chevy 1500-the fast truck
    96 Ranger SBC-the mud truck.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBullitt View Post
    Forgive me if im not understanding you right but if you think the tps sensor is bad why wouldn't you just buy a new tps. A new one is less than half the price of that tb that they're trying to sell you, and if it's not the tps then you can return it.
    Actually a new take off TB is $100 on Ebay, and I know for sure if I replace the whole thing at one time and it doesn't work then I really have problems

Quote Originally Posted by animal View Post
    If that doesn't fix it, check the IAC and perhaps clean it while you're looking at it anyways. They can get gunked up over time and it will cause a problem like you are describing as well.
    Yeah, that was all cleaned when the Supershaker went on, which was less than 1K ago, but good idea, I may as well clean everything again since it's going to all come off....again.

Got the new TB in the mail yesterday, put everything back together, and now Patty is alive and well again.Thanks for all the advice/offers to help, it's appreciated

Nice job! what did the new one set you back?
    70 cutlass 442- dads car
    95 stang- Stock long block 195,XXX miles
    03 XC600 - bone stock (still faster then smokin ram)
    03 Polaris predator- 4.250 bore (assembly required)
    84- 4 eyed

Quote Originally Posted by 70 cutlass 442 View Post
    Nice job! what did the new one set you back?
    $91. Luckily alot of the NA guys are trying out huge TB's and are selling their stock TB's on the cheap, lol. Hell, if I had just bought the sensor from Ford it would have been almost that much.