'93 LT1 Z28 Cooling fans inop

This has been an ongoing problem since I bought the car. The fans don't work like they should. They work fine when hooked up to 12 volts, which is why I have a toogle switch hooked up to it now. I'm selling it now and would like to have it working properly. It seems like it is a common problem but I haven't found a solution. The relay is fine and so is the fuse. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Borchardt's SUCKS

1984 Hurst/Olds A4 W/ Lightning Rods '73 350 Rocket
    1993 Z28 M6 Mostly Stock, a couple of bolt ons
    2004 Silverado Regency (modded from the factory) Now with a Tom Tune!

View pics of my ride here

any lights on the dash? thermostat maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Yooformula View Post
    any lights on the dash? thermostat maybe?
    No lights are on on the dash. I don't think its a thermostat because it gets heat, and as long as the fans are goin or I'm driving, temp stays in the normal range, maybe even cooler. If the thermostat was bad, I would think the car would kick on both fans to cool it.

Borchardt's SUCKS

It is a wiring harness corrosion issue. Seen it more than once. You have to trace back the power wires from the fuseable links by the battery.

Drop the price on the vehicle as a known issue. Otherwise you will be spending a lot of time tracking it down.

If you do track it down and repalce hte bad section(s) of wire, be sure to either solder in the new section, or use weather-tight crimps (the ones that you heat and they seal internally), otherwise the issue will come back.

Quote Originally Posted by 95 TA - The Beast View Post
    It is a wiring harness corrosion issue. Seen it more than once. You have to trace back the power wires from the fuseable links by the battery.

Drop the price on the vehicle as a known issue. Otherwise you will be spending a lot of time tracking it down.

If you do track it down and repalce hte bad section(s) of wire, be sure to either solder in the new section, or use weather-tight crimps (the ones that you heat and they seal internally), otherwise the issue will come back.
    Finally, an answer to my question! I will definately look into that as being the possible cause. I will post up what I find out. It may be a couple weeks cause I don't think I'll be able to look at it for a couple weekends. Thanks man!

Borchardt's SUCKS

there was a recall for the emission pump which popped the same fuse that ran the fans check it out?

I have no idea where I am 94greenbandit's Avatar
    Yeah but he said the fuse was good