Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar

Update on my old car: The Subie

Got a nice email from the new owner of my wagon with what he has been up to with my old car now that he's had it for a few months.

He swapped out the Tein suspension in favor of the stock junk Don't get that one.

But here is where it gets fun. For shits N grins he dyno'd my tune in the car as it sat. Basic bolt on 2.0L car: catless, downpipe, uppipe, stock boost control solenoid, Samco intercooler plumbing, stock pump, stock injectors, ported turbo and wastegate area, Cobb ECU, 93 pump in the tank. 217whp and 229 lb ft torque....not bad at all....this was how I drove the car daily. For reference, stock as a rock cars put down 170whp and 160 torque on this dyno he said.

With an OpenECU tune and about 10 pulls the best number they massaged it to was 221whp and 258 torque. Forgot to mention he installed a GM BCS also. That torque is insane. Picked up almost 40 lb ft. I would suspect from the better control of the boost more than anything.

Glad to see the new owner is having fun with the car. Just wanted to post this as I thought it was damn impressive for a car with 96k-ish on the ticker to date.

Subie Powa
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    Hell yeah! That's awesome! Maybe the aftermarket suspension paid for the new engine management stuff.

formerly known as Madison Dave Cleveland Dave's Avatar
    nice numbers...stock suspension over bling tein wtf? lol

I gave him all the stock crap...the stock stuts and spring only had like 7,000 miles on them LOL. He just wasn't into it being lowered etc I guess. It should be noted that "my tune" was from late 2003. Hadn't changed a thing since then LOL. Not bad for a "dated" tune. I had never dyno'd it so I had no clue what it would put down.

I would also think that with that torque and with how much power the car is making, it should be good for some high 12's full weight.
    Last edited by jbiscuit; 07-16-2009 at 09:40 AM.

Post whore
    did not know you sold the yeller??? that sucks man!!!! looking to get another subie someday?
    Just a ten second neon

sweet! i really want a wrx sti blue/gold close to unloading the vw for one.. seriously
    2002 dodge cummins - mechanically injected, stupid built.. never ending project
    2013 Toyota Tacoma - crewcab, v6, 6 spd, 4wd, TRD package

Quote Originally Posted by 1siksrt View Post
    did not know you sold the yeller??? that sucks man!!!! looking to get another subie someday?
    someday! I loved that car. I'd probably have to get another wagon also. Was the most versatile vehicle I've ever owned on top of being fun to drive. I moved like 3-4 times with that car

Glad to hear you liked your wagon, I have one waiting for me when i get home.
    02 rex wagon