Crystal Ridge for sale

iPedal : AIM:BMXpORK : Milwaukee, Wi : SUICIDEDOORS

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

Post whore
    I hope the don't close McCarty pool. I remember going there to swim when i was a kid 30 years ago.

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    Personally I say good. I don't remember anything in the Constitution saying govt should provide to the people ski hills and swimming pools. I'd rather have that sort of stuff cut and/or sold off to private businesses then important stuff like police and fire.

If either of those 2 things provided the income to pay for themselves, I'm sure they would have been kept. But my guess is they cost alot more to maintain and run then they bring in.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Man look at all the increases on there. What a bunch of morons, bad economy = raise prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Karps TA View Post
    Personally I say good. I don't remember anything in the Constitution saying govt should provide to the people ski hills and swimming pools. I'd rather have that sort of stuff cut and/or sold off to private businesses then important stuff like police and fire.

If either of those 2 things provided the income to pay for themselves, I'm sure they would have been kept. But my guess is they cost alot more to maintain and run then they bring in.
    X2! They are nice but everyone pays for something that few use.

2005 Roush Sport, 2009 F-150 PLATINUM SCREW
    You can get your Ford in any color you want, as long as it's black.

Quote Originally Posted by Neal Steffek View Post
    I hope the don't close McCarty pool. I remember going there to swim when i was a kid 30 years ago.
    But do you use it now? Nostalgia is nice, but it won't pay the bills.

I made this post all by myself with no supervision.

that place is a shit hole.
    2006 CCSB sierra
    2000 NBM Z28

This is a big hit in the mtb community since weekly races are held there during the summer, bmx events all summer long, and the only local ski hill.

This land is leased to the guy that operates the ski hill, tax payers aren't paying for it.

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

I never knew it was there.
    When Injustice Becomes Law; Rebellion Becomes Duty

Grandpa Grocery Getter 2.0 wrath's Avatar
    How do you spell Milwaukee County? M-a-c-o-m-b a-l-r-e-a-d-y b-e-e-n t-h-e-r-e.
    Buy made in the United States. Otherwise your job might be next. Unless you already wear black shoes and a visor with golden arches on it to work in which case your fellow american has already failed you.

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    This land is leased to the guy that operates the ski hill, tax payers aren't paying for it.
    True...this isn't a MK parks supported deal.

However, iirc, hasn't the guy been missing most, if not all his payments for the lease? Also, does he maintain the mountain bike operations, or is it someone else?

I mean, even if HE is operating the summer stuff as well, I don't see it as a big hit...only because there isn't much more they can do with the land...it's a landfill. Not like they are going to build mountain chateau's there or something. Whoever purchases it will likely continue operations...and unlike the guy currently there, make some nice investments perhaps.

Haven't MB there...but I've skied there. It is seriously one of the worst maintained ski hills I've ever been on. Didn't expect much, and it underperformed my expectations by half. Sunburst is 10x better for the same cost.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

The mtb trails are maintained by the metro mountain bike club of milwaukee and the bmx track I'm not sure. It being a landfill could be used for very little, but if its used for a driving range or something it would be bad news. I don't ski so I can't comment on that aspect.

Little Switzerland was up for sale a while ago, however the real estate company that would purchase it wasn't allowed to level the hill, so it never sold.

When Little Switz was for sale it kept operating, as did another hill in upper Michigan(Blackjack?) to have numbers to show potential buyers. I don't see anyone wanting to purchase a ski hill though, since there are a few ski hills within an hour of Crystal Ridge; ie Olympia, Wilmot, Little Switz, and Sunburst. My favorite ski hill in southern Wisconsin is Cascade, well worth the drive and the season pass price is nice.
    Online Drag Racing -------Reaction Time Tester!
    Red 1982 Trans Am MSE Hooker 1 5/8, 3 inches back, 3:73s ---- Red 1990 Formula with ZZ4 motor, Hooker 2055s, American Thunder catback ---- Black 1991 GTA with 3 inch Flowmaster Catback system ---- Black 2002 WS6 Bone Stock

Suck Squish Bang Blow

BCM Cruiser
    that sux....wtf r they gonna build on a $hit pile though?
    03 Nissan 350z BUILT Greddy TT
    11.2 @ 128..... slow 2.0 60ft .....
    05 Titan DD

We park our work vehicles there. I wonder what that means for us parking there....

I never got in to skiing or snow boarding... But to the people that do, sucks...
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ndegroot2
    Twitter: http://http://twitter.com/deggyfresh
    PS3 name: deggyfresh

98 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x2 - Still ready for some snow drags.