1987 Grand National, 62k miles, SHOW QUALITY paint, loaded up and factory stock

For Sale: 1987 Buick Grand National. 62,700 miles, nicely optioned, never modified.

Factory Options: T-Tops, Power windows, locks, driver’s side power seat, remote mirror, Concert Sound II with EQ Cassette Radio, power antenna, 3.42 Posi rear, analog dash, lighted vanity mirror. This is originally a Florida car so no rear defroster option.

Vehicle History: I purchased this car last summer from a 72 year old man who owned it since 1994. The car is originally from Florida, and extremely clean underneath. The car has never had any performance modifications, just factory replacement parts. The previous owner used the car for cruising to local car shows in the summer months, and it sat in the garage for the rest of the year. He only put on a few thousand miles of use in the 14 years he owned it. I have spent countless hours and tens of thousands of dollars getting the car to its current condition. When I bought the car, it needed paint (it was still original) and ran, but needed some work. See the mechanical section below for what was replaced.

Exterior Condition: The paint and body on this car are absolutely beautiful. Pictures do not do this car justice; there are over 200 hours in paint and body completed. This was an expensive repaint and it shows. The entire vehicle was wet sanded, buffed, and polished upon completion. There is 60 hours just in the wetsanding and polishing process. You will be hard pressed to find a straighter, nicer paintjob on a GN for under $20k, it’s THAT nice. At the time of repaint, all trim was removed and restored to original specifications. Quarter windows were removed and the car was taken apart for paint. The entire T-top area was removed and re-painted as well. All T-top weather stripping was replaced. The car has new ABS plastic bumper fillers from Gbodyparts.com, as well as a new GM NOS grille. The car gets jaw-dropping looks where ever I take it, I can’t say enough good things about the paint. It must be seen in person to really appreciate the quality and depth of color. I also still have the factory body-side mouldings and emblems. I prefer the look without them installed, but they are included in the sale if the new owner would like.

Interior Condition: The interior is an honest 8.5 out of 10. It’s not show quality but much nicer than most other GN interiors. There is a small wear mark in the carpet by the gas pedal, and the plastic speaker cover on the dash needs to be replaced. The sun visors were re-covered by Jax Seat Cover, and they also supplied a new reproduction ABS plastic headliner. One of the buttons on the power seat control is cracked, but everything still works just fine. Other than those small items, the interior is in very nice condition.

Mechanical Condition: This car runs like a dream and I would not hesitate to drive it anywhere. Everything works, but the AC will need a recharge soon. All other power options and functions are great. The tachometer is a touch inaccurate, but all LED’s work fine. It reads about 1000 rpm too high for some reason.

As far as maintenance and new parts, the list is long and have all been done in the last 600-700 miles. New inner and outer tie rods as well as a 4-wheel alignment were performed. I put on 4 brand new BF Goodrich tires, 215/65/15. The front brakes and wheel bearings are all new. New rotors and Bendix ceramic pads were installed. The rear drums have been turned and new shoes installed as well. In addition to the normal “spring cleaning” procedure, I gave the car a full tune up this spring. The starter, water pump, spark plugs, coil pack, ignition module, and serpentine belt are all brand new. The intercooler was removed, flushed and cleaned at that time as well. I also just changed the oil with Mobil 1 synthetic and ZDD plus additive. There are no leaks or drips underneath with the exception of a drip or two a week of oil on the garage floor. It’s very minor and seems to be coming from the torque converter inspection cover. Probably a rear main, but like I said you can barely notice it. A new AC Delco battery was installed in March.

The exhaust system is the only “non-original” part on the car. The catalytic converter was replaced and worked great, but started to rattle so it is now hollowed out (nonfunctional). There is a stock replacement exhaust system in place, but a stainless x-pipe sits where the muffler would normally go. There is some nice looking chrome tips installed as well. The car sounds GREAT with the muffler delete, it’s not too loud at all, and you can really hear the turbo spool.

Under the hood you will find evidence of this being a genuine, low mile GN. A lot of the vacuum lines are still date-coded from 1987, and everything appears to be factory correct and original. The stock turbocharger was replaced at one point in time as the wastegate is adjustable. The car has the correct 109 block, and there is no evidence of any engine work that I can tell. The transmission is the correct “BRF” code and shifts well. I believe the previous owner mentioned he had the transmission rebuilt about 5-8 years ago to stock specs. The rearend is the proper 8.5” 10 bolt Posi, and doesn’t make any noise at all.

Overall this is a very functional, factory correct car with a killer paintjob. I have described everything to the best of my knowledge, and I have been around these cars for 13+ years. I spent a lot of time looking over the car to make sure I described it as accurately and honestly as possible. Others who have been around for awhile can vouch for my reputation. Rest assured this is one of the nicest examples you will find for the money.

The price is $19,950 firm. Please don’t waste my time with low ball offers or your opinion that the car is worth less or more than my asking price. This is an exceptional car and the price is firm. You won’t find a GN with nicer paint for under $20k. I have over $25k invested. Serious buyers only, please. 414.732.4824

Hope you enjoy the pics! I will have more this weekend.

Good luck with the sale. Bump for a beautiful g-body!

Borchardt's SUCKS

1984 Hurst/Olds A4 W/ Lightning Rods '73 350 Rocket
    1993 Z28 M6 Mostly Stock, a couple of bolt ons
    2004 Silverado Regency (modded from the factory) Now with a Tom Tune!

View pics of my ride here

Beautiful car!!

Thanks guys!

Car will be at St. Dominic's car show tomorrow (Sunday) stop by and say hi!

Such a Nice Car.. Good luck with your sale.

Got Kicked OFF The Track A B4C Z's Avatar
    God I look at this car everyday. Sure would be a neat car to have. I might stop up there tomorrow ill keep an eye out for ya.

1998 Black on Black Regal
    2010 Black on Black Denali

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Good price for a great looking car...good luck with the sale.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

The car is still for sale, however there is one pending offer. Thanks again for the kind words, everyone. St. Doms was fun on Sunday

Should have your pics ready tonight of the car, if you still need them

beautiful
    2004 s2000
    2006 civic ex
    2000 integra

OFFICIAL RICER WORDS:"clean", "hater", "hella", "ballin", "slammed", "sick", "tough", "hard", "proper", "tuner", "hott fire","crispy"

Yup would love those pics, Scott! I haven't accepted the offer yet, so I am going to keep advertising the car until I get my asking price (or very close to it). Thanks again for snapping the pics!

Saw ya leavin St Dom's, the gn looked sweet!!

Money Comes and Money Goes,
    But Rat Fink is Forever
    "There isn't a man living who isn't capable of doing more than he thinks he can." Henry Ford

Bump Up!!