Thumbs down I hate my dealer service department

I took car in for oil change today. I ordered the Ford keyless entry keypad for my car and tried installing it. Well after not being able to get my car to go into programming mode I decided I would make the dealer deal with it. Well they couldn't get the car to go into program mode either and I talked with my salesman who informed me how to go about getting the car into programing mode. Sad when the sales people know more than the guys in the service department. They gave me the parts back and told me that the keypad was defective. So I gave the method my salesman told me about and imagine that it worked!!!

If my car wasn't under warranty I would do work myself but since its under warranty I take it in. Also they had to replace one of the license plate light assemblys because it was defective and not working.....

Head to Sorens in Brookfield. They are great, knowledgeable, and gentle on your car. I bought my car at Ewald's Hartford Ford Lincoln Mercury, but unfortunately they LOST my service business. My Sorens experiences have been great and the techs are all seasoned and great to communicate with as well. I have 4 years left on my warranty and no worries with Sorens.

Got Kicked OFF The Track A B4C Z's Avatar
    Got a buddie that works out at safro ford in occ also. Good tech!

1998 Black on Black Regal
    2010 Black on Black Denali

If there is a dealer closer to my house that did amazing work I would be there. I don't like driving to Theinsville for my oil change but its much better then the Schmit Ford in Saukville that had all the wrong info on the service paperwork for my truck at the time.

new and improved
    lets see turn the key on and off 8 or 9 times till the locks go up and down then hit the keypad. was that the right info ?

^^^
    yeah. it is not rocket science. would think that anyone that works at a FORD dealer should know that, even the clean up crew, LOL! unlock doors, turn key on and off eight times with the last time leaving the key on. the locks should go up and then down, signaling that programming mode is active. hit the buttons on any fobs, or in your case your fobs and your keypad, that you need programmed. turn key off.

Yeah but the Focus is really picky you have to do it from the second key position and the third (start). You can't do it from the "off" spot on click ahead of that to the start position.