Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some Turbo ?'s

Quote Originally Posted by 70 cutlass 442 View Post
    RS is also limited to 313 CID, sounds like hes going for a little but more power then the average real street class racer.
    your fucking retarded do he world a favor and stop giving bullshit advice about something you have no clue in. People like you are why there is so much misinformation on the interent
    Pity the mate of Queen Mantis, so content, but so headless

Quote Originally Posted by DRK View Post
    your fucking retarded do he world a favor and stop giving bullshit advice about something you have no clue in. People like you are why there is so much misinformation on the interent
    misinformation? the previous post I made can be verified here: http://www.nmraracing.com/rules/rs.html (paragraph 5)

and you are right, there are guys going high 9s with 5 speed transmissions, but there are plenty more guys with 5 speed setups that had issues at that power level, feel free to check out www.theturboforums.com (will have to use the search option) for more info on busted ass 5 speed setups and why they switched to automatic and have been much more consistant and reliable. And many are running 500WHP or more..... now this guy wants some honest advice on a topic I researched just a few months back and all you can come up with is " alot of guys that race NMRA in RS class run a 5 speed based transmission"..... yet im the fuck tard that has no clue You should quit reading magazines and maybe take a trip to the dragstrip or an event where vehicles actually make 600WHP, and see what kind of driveline setups they have. then get back to us on how many T5s you saw!
    Last edited by 70 cutlass 442; 07-29-2009 at 01:36 PM.
    70 cutlass 442- dads car
    95 stang- Stock long block 195,XXX miles
    03 XC600 - bone stock (still faster then smokin ram)
    03 Polaris predator- 4.250 bore (assembly required)
    84- 4 eyed

misinformation? the previous post I made can be verified here: http://www.nmraracing.com/rules/rs.html (paragraph 5)

and you are right, there are guys going high 9s with 5 speed transmissions, but there are plenty more guys with 5 speed setups that had issues at that power level, feel free to check out www.theturboforums.com (will have to use the search option) for more info on busted ass 5 speed setups and why they switched to automatic and have been much more consistant and reliable. And many are running 500WHP or more..... now this guy wants some honest advice on a topic I researched just a few months back and all you can come up with is " alot of guys that race NMRA in RS class run a 5 speed based transmission"..... yet im the fuck tard that has no clue You should quit reading magazines and maybe take a trip to the dragstrip or an event where vehicles actually make 600WHP, and see what kind of driveline setups they have. then get back to us on how many T5s you saw!
    The reason turbo guys choose a auto over a T-5 has nothing to do with power handling capabilities.
    How many cars have you owned or built that are over even 400whp? How many had a T-5 that destructed? How many where set up correctly and had a decent driver?
    Again you internet mechanic you have no clue other then what your buddy Forrest has told you and what you've read. STFU and stop regurgitating what someone else said or wrote because you have no fucking clue or real world experience.

You have got to be the dumbest mother fucker on this site.....

Why would you put a 5 speed behind a turbo??? I want to hear your reasoning? That is the complete opposite.... You want to keep the turbo loaded as hard as you can... have you ever seen a torque curve of a turbo vehicle....that is why turbo guys like lower numeracal gears.... so why the fuck would you do the complete opposite and put a 5 speed with gears in close ratio togeather when you want to make that turbo work???? And to answer your question, 2 T5s, 1 T45, both were either a spray car or blown car.
    Last edited by 70 cutlass 442; 07-29-2009 at 02:22 PM.
    70 cutlass 442- dads car
    84- 4 eyed

i have a turbo mustang that's making more than 400 to the wheels and i have a t-5 in the car. its not what i want i just haven't had the money to set in my desired transmission which would be an automatic. but for street driving the stick is fine for the track its sucks or i suck at racing with it. If i am going for e.t it would be in my best interest to go auto but for street the t-5 is fine and works great. so depending on the intentions of the vehicle the transmission choice varies and depends if you're using sticky tires.

/\/\ what he said...

DRK, I'm also curoius as to how you came up with the idea that 5 speeds are more desireable in a turbo car, ever see how a manual car builds boost off the line.... It doesn't
    70 cutlass 442- dads car
    84- 4 eyed

/\/\ what he said...

DRK, I'm also curoius as to how you came up with the idea that 5 speeds are more desireable in a turbo car, ever see how a manual car builds boost off the line.... It doesn't

How does your hooked on phonics ass get that from this

The reason turbo guys choose a auto over a T-5 has nothing to do with power handling capabilities.
    I was saying that the reason a T-5 isn't desirable in a turbo car has NOTHING to do with the power capabilities of a T-5.

How does your hooked on phonics ass get that from this

I was saying that the reason a T-5 isn't desirable in a turbo car has NOTHING to do with the power capabilities of a T-5.

your right, i mis read your first sentance. Either way, there are a handful of guys who have success with built T5s, but i also have seen TKOs or other tremmecs bent input shafts and destroy main shafts in transmissions which leads me to beleive that they still have weak points, even while built....
    70 cutlass 442- dads car
    84- 4 eyed

Either way, there are a handful of guys who have success with built T5s
    Thank you captain obvious.

but i also have seen TKOs or other tremmecs bent input shafts and destroy main shafts in transmissions which leads me to beleive that they still have weak points, even while built....
    Really? How many have you seen with your own eyes in person?

Thank you captain obvious.

Really? How many have you seen with your own eyes in person?
    i have seen chipped teeth on a gforce set, ive seen two bent input shafts on tremec series (one 3650, and one tko 500)

Ive seen a shattered main shaft on a T45, as well as the popular broken shift fork....

Im very pesimistic on the stup of the gforce tans as ive never herd of other gears chipping like this, but non the less it happened.

the tremecs were out of the box units.

both t45s were stock units.

anymore questions great one?? out of curiosity, what kind of vehicles do you have/ built? you asked me now it smy turn.
    70 cutlass 442- dads car
    84- 4 eyed

i have seen chipped teeth on a gforce set, ive seen two bent input shafts on tremec series (one 3650, and one tko 500)

Ive seen a shattered main shaft on a T45, as well as the popular broken shift fork....

Im very pesimistic on the stup of the gforce tans as ive never herd of other gears chipping like this, but non the less it happened.

the tremecs were out of the box units.

both t45s were stock units.
    I said with your own eyes not on the internet.

anymore questions great one?? out of curiosity, what kind of vehicles do you have/ built? you asked me now it smy turn.
    5spd Mustangs I built up for myself, with MY money

90GT HCI blower T-5
    91 Notch HCI T-5 MM suspension and 2640# wet
    92 vert stroker HCI T-5
    66 GT350R restomod clone stroker HCI T-5 (total nut & bolt project that's almost finished and all my work)

5spd Mustangs I've built up with/for friends

91 LX HCI blower T-5
    91 GT HCI T-5
    89GT HCI 200shot T-5
    92 LX HCI blower T-5

Some other notable ground up builds I've been in on in recent years

CSX3345
    GT1045P
    XJR-5 # 4
    1974 911 3.0 RS
    1974 911 RSR IROC
    1972 Chevron B21
    1969 Chevron B16 #1
    1976 March F2

you must really have fait in toes T5s, I find it very hard to beleive that thoes all held togeather for long.... very hard. And everythign ive listed are cars ive worked on or seen fail at the track, or seen busted parts in guys garages.... would youl like me to link you to all of the internet ones that i HAVENT seen in person?
    70 cutlass 442- dads car
    84- 4 eyed