Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Damn bania I just saw these pics on Jo's facebook. If you need anything don't hesitate to give me a ring

Money Comes and Money Goes,
    But Rat Fink is Forever
    "There isn't a man living who isn't capable of doing more than he thinks he can." Henry Ford

This is why I quite riding. Glad to see your OK!! It could have been much worse!
    04 GTO weekend toy
    12 WRX weekday toy

<div class="imlinks"> <div class="popupmenu vehicleaction"> <a class="popupctrl" href="#"><strong>Vehicles</strong></a> <ul class="popupbody popuphover vehicleaction_body"> <li class="left"><a href="http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/garage_ve
    Those pics look like my last bike accident. Glad your OK.
    2002 Trans AM Ws6 M6 Black on Black. Procharged
    2011 GMC Sierra All Terrain
    2009 Infiniti G37x

Looking back on the accident do you think you could have avoided going down by swerving/braking etc....

HD 103" Kit/SE 255 Cams/D&D 2-1 Fat Cat Exhaust/SE Heavy Breather/Arnott Aldan Air Ride/Front Lowering Springs/HD Reaper Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by Fast GTO View Post
    Looking back on the accident do you think you could have avoided going down by swerving/braking etc....
    That's what has been playing in my head over and over again. Like most accidents, it happened so fast so I'm trying to replay what happened and what I could have done. I did let off the throttle and cover the brake when I saw the truck, but I was thrown off because he didn't even stop. I was ready for him not to see me, but he didn't even stop at the stop sign so he was in the intersection must faster than I anticipated. I don't remember hitting both brakes, just grabbing the front (which I know is a big no-no). Thus I locked up the rear tire, but still had it upright. When I realized I still wasn't going to stop in time, I turned to the right and of course the bike went down. It's hard to say that I would have stopped if I hit both brakes the millisecond I knew the truck was going right in front of me, I am 98% sure I still would not have stopped in time. Definitely could not have swerved because it was a huge pickup truck with a long trailer behind him. So no room in front or behind (I was headed right for the rear of his truck so both in front and behind were blocked).
    Daily Driver: 2009 Camry
    Weekend Car: 2006 Corvette

Just wondering, thanks.

Grabbing both brakes would have slowed you down more but might not have stopped you in time.

Think ABS could have helped?

HD 103" Kit/SE 255 Cams/D&D 2-1 Fat Cat Exhaust/SE Heavy Breather/Arnott Aldan Air Ride/Front Lowering Springs/HD Reaper Wheels

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think for a new rider target fixation sets in too...you see the object and focus on it only, rather than your options to avoid the object.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

The T3/T4eclipse broke 2much:P BigSnailBuick's Avatar
    Glad to see you only got rashed up sir... Like they say its not if... its when.
    "Plus my rats come in packs like Sammy and Dean Martin, and I got soo many keys you'd think I was Valet parking"
    1987 Buick Regal Turbo T Limited- DBB 6766, ProEFI, E-85.
    2000 Audi S4- Nogaro Blue w/ matching interior! Chipped and a maintenance nightmare.