Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

First time down...

Got on the bike this morning, thought about how lucky I was to be a still "new" rider and never dumping or being too stupid with my bike. Had my license 2 months now and about 600 miles riding. Then, a giant truck with a trailer full of hay decided he didn't want to stop at a stop sign or look before he went across the intersection. So here I am going 45 mph, saw him coming, thought he was coming in a little fast for a stop sign, then saw him roll through it and right in front of me (my road was a 50 mph limit, right of way, no stop sign for me). Hit the brakes hard, realize I won't stop before I hit him, so i turn right (try to), bike goes down with me on it. I slide with the bike into the trucks tires, thank god I didn't go under it. After sliding a few seconds I push with my left arm to get away from his truck. Got up, realized I was alive and nothing was broke, and thanked god. Sore as hell, went down on my right side. Have lots of road rash in my right hip/elbow/knee. Had my jeans, high top sneakers (i know, not as good as boots), riding jacket, helmet, and gloves. Getting the wounds cleaned out at the hospital was the worst part, painful as hell.

Ugh, just a reminder that it can happen anywhere/anytime. ALWAYS WEAR YOUR FUCKING GEAR! And this is coming from a new rider. I had gear on and still got messed up but I'm walking and alive. Bike is totaled, no riding for me for a while. I need the money anyways. Prolly won't even think about riding for quite some time, maybe down the road again but idk.

Pics to come.
    Daily Driver: 2009 Camry
    Weekend Car: 2006 Corvette

The Yellow Tie Fighter
    Ouch, Glad to hear you are okay!

How bad was the truck?

Glad your okay could have been real ugly. Did you kick the truck drivers ass or call the cops.

2006 roadking custom. KF 9000 Champion 0TransAm0's Avatar
    saw that on your facebook. sucks to hear man.. good thing your ok.. hopefully the guy who pulled out will make it right.. and you will get some coin or a new bike..

I dumped it right before the truck, so I hit his tires. Honestly there is zero damage to his truck (huge farm truck). He is 100% at fault, admitted it and everything. A cop showed up within a couple minutes, the cop was awesome (NBPD, unlike my other accident when I dealt with West Allis PD, they blow). Yeah, an insurance guy is coming tomorrow to look a the bike. Will be nice to get my money back at least. I definitely wasn't attached to the bike or anything, if it was my Mustang I'd be a lot more pissed. But I'm just glad I walked away with scrapes and bruises. The farmer guy was in his 50s, was real sorry and kept saying he never saw me or anything. I was just in shock that I didn't get more messed up, so I wasn't super pissed at him at the time. Pretty pissed right now cuz I'm sore as hell and I'm missing a few good chunks of skin.

Thank God you werent hurt! Not a question of "IF" you get in a wreck or dump its all about the "WHEN" these days. Fukking people suck at driving! Glad you are ok.

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    Holy crap!!!

Glad to hear you are ok!! Did they use mayonaise to clean the wounds? they used that at froedert for my buddy's hands when he went down not wearing gloves, haha.

The jeans thing is what scares me(i wear them when riding) and I know i should buy a pair of pants that are meant for riding.

How's the helmet? Probably time to buy a new one if it's scratched up at all

glad you are ok, and glad that the guy that pulled out was cool.

luckily he had insurance, because i am sure that he didn't plan on getting into an accident. hell, that might be his first accident ever.

No, but they did use KY on one of my wounds. Besides that just a chemical cleaner, burned like hell. My gloves got torn up good, but I only have 3 marks on my hand (pinky got burned pretty deep, bottom of my palms are missing a little too). Helmet is fine, only a few knicks but I didn't really hit my head at all.

Riding pants would have definitely helped. The wound on my right hip is the biggest, then my right knee. My shoes got shredded but only left a small mark on my foot.

I wish I was wolverine and could regrow skin in seconds. Open sores are hella annoying... and my butt hurts lol

I would recommend getting boots. I had a pair of alpinestar ridge boots and they were about $100. One of the first things to go if you go down are your shoes. Really glad to hear you are ok though, that's what matters. I got rid of my bike because I couldn't take almost getting hit daily.
    12 Suzuki Hayabusa Turbo
    12 Suzuki Hayabusa LE
    04 Pontiac GTO
    72 Pontiac GTO

Yeah I definitely won't be riding anytime soon. Not giving up on riding forever, but at least for a while now. Maybe down the road when I have other things in life taken care of, I'll get another bike for a toy.

Glad you are ok. Try to get the guys insurance to pay for your damaged gear as well. I know some insurance companys do that.

Quote Originally Posted by VroomPshhTsi View Post
    Yeah I definitely won't be riding anytime soon. Not giving up on riding forever, but at least for a while now. Maybe down the road when I have other things in life taken care of, I'll get another bike for a toy.
    Glad to hear you're ok. Get back on the horse, player. If you wait tenyears to do it, you'll kick yourself in the ass for not doing it sooner.

Update with pics

Ew, that looks like it hurt. What kind of jacket did you have? It looks like leather, I would think that it would have held up better.

Try to get some time off work to rest, the insurance company should pay you duing your time off.

Does the bike still run? The engine would make a cool go-kart project.

Idk what brand, my brother bought it for my off craigslist. It's pretty heavy and thick, I wish it would've held up better too lol.

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Glad your okay...look on the bright side though: The wounds will heal, you'll probably get a decent settlement for the bike+injuries/pain and suffering, and you can use it for a nice vacation, or mods on the mustang...or perhaps something boring like paying down student loans, lol.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Damn, glad that you are ok man. NOW you're ready for 600cc .

10' GTR-R35 PREM BLK/BLK CURRENT PROJECT
    94' GENUINE TRD WB SUPRA SP3.2L GT4780
    09' CBR 1000RR REPSOL

Those photos made me cringe.

Road rash = tough (in some circles)
    When Injustice Becomes Law; Rebellion Becomes Duty

wow, good thing you were wearing leather. imagine if you would have been wearing a backwards hat, wife beater, and shorts!