Grandpa Grocery Getter 2.0 wrath's Avatar

Powertrax No-Slip for a 99up 8.625" 10 bolt

I have a Powertrax No-Slip lunchbox locker for a GM 8.625" 10 bolt that I pulled out of my last GMT800 Silverado. You need to have an open carrier to use it.

It's a lot more gentle than a LockRight and quieter. You'll never one-wheel-peel again and you probably won't need to use 4wd on the roads again. It's much nicer than a Gov-Lock in that it won't decide to disengage above 20mph leaving you to one-wheel-peel on ice or snow at speed.

It takes about an hour to install.

How about $300?

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PWT-92-0786-3005/
    http://www.richmondgear.com/0002pdfs/8221002.pdf
    Last edited by wrath; 07-05-2009 at 01:44 PM.
    Buy made in the United States. Otherwise your job might be next. Unless you already wear black shoes and a visor with golden arches on it to work in which case your fellow american has already failed you.

Found this again looking for my mudflaps. How about $250?
    Buy made in the United States. Otherwise your job might be next. Unless you already wear black shoes and a visor with golden arches on it to work in which case your fellow american has already failed you.

Irish
    Last edited by Irish; 12-28-2009 at 05:02 PM.

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Mini spool = always locked

this = opens in turns
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

This opens when you're not on the throttle. If you're on the throttle it locks up. So if you're driving normally in a parking lot it just ratchets (and this one is almost silent unlike a LockRight which sounds like a drawbridge) but if you blip the throttle to lock it up then you'll squeal tires just like a spool.

Irish
    Last edited by Irish; 12-28-2009 at 05:02 PM.