looking for a good 240sx mechanic.

i have ghost in my machine and i can't figure it out. need a mechanic that knows nissans and can fix my problem. i think the distributor is bad but i'm not a mechanic and so far the people at the shops here in milwaukee are not either.

the car will run great and then just start to spit and sputter. it will go from running on 4 cyl to running on 3. 2nd cylinder is firing once in a while. i replaced plugs, dist., rotor, fuel filter and it ran awesome for 2 days. then just shit out on me. same problem. it now sits waiting to be fixed. can anyone help me? or lead me in the right direction? thanks.

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    Does it bog down pretty hard?

I just had an issue with my '97 that ended up being the MAFS being bad.

Did you run the ECU (ECM) for codes?

what's it doing?

bad fuel pump? or bad fuel pump filter?

if it makes you feel better my 240sx (well both of them lol) is running like poop too
    2jz240sx
    Quote Originally Posted by BOSS LX View Post

Remember, "if it was easy, it wouldn't be cool!"
    wi240sx.OMGforum.net

Quote Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
    what's it doing?

bad fuel pump? or bad fuel pump filter?
    that shouldnt cause one cyl to drop.
    Check out our NEW online store!
    http://store.clocksoffracing.com/

yea, i got so mad at it i went and bought another one.....lol. i'm a glutton for punishment.

i've replaced, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, ecu, maf, i even put the stock airbox and piping back on and still nothing.

it has a full s14 drivetrain. (actually i just wrapped a s13 around a s14. it has s14 everything). it was coverted to a s13.

the only thing i can think of is that the dist. is bad. i get full fuel. and it runs good once i get up to the higher rpms. it just runs like its on 3 cyl.. for some reason the 2nd cyl is not firing.

i'm stumped and i'm not a mechanic.

oh yea, i also replaced the fuel filter too.

Quote Originally Posted by jc9up240sx View Post
    i've replaced, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, ecu, maf, i even put the stock airbox and piping back on and still nothing.

it has a full s14 drivetrain. (actually i just wrapped a s13 around a s14. it has s14 everything). it was coverted to a s13.

the only thing i can think of is that the dist. is bad. i get full fuel. and it runs good once i get up to the higher rpms. it just runs like its on 3 cyl.. for some reason the 2nd cyl is not firing.

i'm stumped and i'm not a mechanic.
    its gotta be an injector or spark issue.being a distributor,that pretty much eliminates a bad coil,i would be looking at that injector,maybe move it to another cylinder and watch the problem move.
    Check out our NEW online store!
    http://store.clocksoffracing.com/

My first "guess" would be the injector, or the wire harness for the injector..... Hard to say with out messing with it in person.

'04 PBM GTO, LS1 M6