381 Poly bellhousing?

I don't know but I've been told, the 318 Poly uses the same bellhousing as a big block. Anyone know if this is true?

EDIT: Aw crap thread title is wrong.
    Last edited by TheRX7Project; 06-25-2009 at 10:01 AM. Reason: I'm retarded

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    no...it's the same as the small block "LA" engines.

That's actually one of the things GM got right that mopar didn't; though they had their reasons, theyreally should have used a universal bellhouse pattern like chevy/etc. Though BOP and caddies (iirc) are different, a chevy 454 bolts to the same trans that a 250 stovebolt six bolts to....whereas a slant-six, A/LA, B/RB have three different patterns.

Sorry I didn't see this thread earlier. You can always PM questions too...
    Last edited by Prince Valiant; 07-21-2009 at 04:58 PM.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Yeah I never updated this thread but I looked it up and found out this information.

Hmm... I do still have a 383 available... maybe I need to pick me up a big block trans...

dad might have one for you.