Thread: Wrecking stuff

Wrecking stuff

Well the resident ricer boy at work keeps saying he wants to race me. He has a worn out first gen talon AWD turbo that can't get drive to work for a week without breaking stuff. But just to be on the safe side, I want to put headers on the car sine the stock 442 exhaust chokes a 307 I imagine it won't do much for a 455. So I tear off the stock stuff and get the pass side SBO/G-body header to fit fine, gonna be tight with the oil filter though. Move to the driver side, Just about had to flatten one of the tubes because the one from cyl#3 crosses over the others and interferes with the steering shaft. Not Good !
    So I grab one of my BBO/A-body ones and proceed to trim. Fit now just gotta weld a few pieces in. Hopefully that will get done this week.
    Here's the header now.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jamie

01 F150 Screw 5.4 4x4 99 VW Jetta 64 Olds Cutlass
    83 Cutlass Gbody Wagon 85 Suzuki GS700ES needs some new parts now

#3 being bent that much looks quite restrictive .

Hope you can beat Talon boy...guess it depends if his is modded right or not but it should at least be a good test.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

You think that ding looks bad you should see the SBO header
    I think I will be able to be him but traction will be the biggest issue . His AWD to my 3.73 non-posi single spinner
    Oh well I won't do it till I am fairly confident. He says that he has a new bigger turbo. But who knows how long the rest of his motor will hold up.
    I was cutting some tube today and my last sawzall blade crapped out on me Oh well there's always tomorrow.....
    Jamie

Originally posted by Rocket Power

I think I will be able to be him but traction will be the biggest issue . His AWD to my 3.73 non-posi single spinner
    Time to get crafty with some spring rubbers and or air bag

Sounds like a plan
    Jamie