Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar

And the Bucks continue to make improvements....

NOT

ESPN.com is reporting that the Milwaukee Bucks have traded Richard Jefferson to the San Antonio Spurs for Bruce Bowen, Kurt Thomas and Fabricio Oberto.

Another salary cap clearing move. As if they'll be a player in free agency. Nobody wants to come to Milwaukee to play for this shit team.

Anybody who goes to a Buck's game is nothing but a sucker. Kohl needs to sell the damn team and stick to fucking up the country where he's a pro.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

Kurt Thomas? The gymnast?? Maybe they need a new Bango? He did wreck his knee this year.

I take birdshit personally.

Bruce Bowen is a hell of a defender. That would make exactly one Buck who knows how to D up.

I don't mind this move actually. With Redd coming Back, RJ wouldn't get his touches anyways.

Redd isn't good enough to carry a team. HE's a role player. He's a #2 guy. And He'll be out hurt sitting in a suit next to Bobust come Dec.

So we'll be scoring 60 points a game and only give up 80 since we have 1 guy now playing D.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

They're never going to get a #1 to come here so I have stopped holding my breath for that. A #1 isn't going to come when #2 is injury prone and there's a huge dropoff after him. They are the Bobcats and Kings of the midwest... bottom dwellers who only sneak into the playoffs now and again because half the damn league does.

The 2001 run was a fluke for Milwaukee because they had some home-grown players who came into their own and a good coach whom Herbie decided he didn't need anymore. George Karl teams are in the playoffs every year.

The Bucks will never amount to crap so long as Homer Herbie is at the helm.

Hey George Karl was the person who started this downward trend. HE DESTROYED a team that was in the conference finals due to his ego. He the one who couldn't deal with the Big 3 and aired all the shit in public to the press. Then he went and signed Anothony Mason who's big fat ass was washed up years prior, but still Karl kept calling plays where they dumped it down into the post for Mason to back his fatass up until he was nearly under the basket and then he'd put up a half ass shot that 9 times out of 10 got slammed right back in his face.

George Karl can suck a dick. He ruined Bucks basketball for me.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    They should have never got rid of Ray Allen. They should have gotten rid of Redd when he was worth something.

Somebody else should take over, sell the team, and buy an AL baseball team.

I hate George Karl.

BCM Bruiser
    Somewhere between here and there and over there
    bucks should of kept ray allen. i mean look at him now, just an all around great player. someone who could proubly carry a whole team. he got a lil bit of fame when he was here in milwaukee then gets traded for fuckin gary payton, who was already washed up, for the rest of the season. nerd kohl needs to sell this team. should of sold it a long fuckin time ago. i mean hell we need a home team that can actually make the playoffs. between the bucks and brewers, we got no where to put our money

Did you watch the Celtics in the playoffs or down the stretch? Allen showed up in like 2 games. Most of the time he was awful. He gave them only like 13 points a game against Orlando. That is not the performance you expect from a top tier guy. And when we traded him to Seattle he didn't do jack squat with essentially the same pile of shit we had here in Milwaukee.

Personally I think Redd and Allen are nearly a wash. Neither plays D worth a damn, and both are very streaky shooters.

Big Dog used to get all the crap about his D when we had the Big 3, but Allen was the guy who was consistently getting lit up by the Iverson and Reggie Miller and every other shooting guard.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

Jefferson was way overpaid, didn't get much in return but it clears room....I'll give the Bucks GM another year or so to see what direction they take but it seems like an aimless ship. Trading Yi for RJ is one thing, to dump him off when you realize he costs too much you just wasted someone with upside for a one year rental and a few mediocre peices.

I never liked the trade last off-season, I think they should just dump the team and try to rebuild totally, not half-ass it and field a mediocre team with not much of a future.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

SportsCenter seems to think the Bucks will just buy out every one of these guys contracts and they'll resign (most likely with their old teams).

Maybe they're clearing room to make a run at LeBron next summer, LOL...

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyMax View Post
    Maybe they're clearing room to make a run at LeBron next summer, LOL...

that'll be the day! maybe then i will start going to games

i keep looking at this trade and still don't get it, whatever i'm not an nba freak but i just don't see how a 2 ppg, 3 ppg, and 1 ppg guy helps when we lose a 25+ ppg guy
    Daily Driver: 2009 Camry
    Weekend Car: 2006 Corvette

It was a financially motivated move. They'll probably end up buying out these guys contracts or releasing them. I heard that John Hammond was a good GM but this one has got me scratching my head. Maybe Herbie wants to make the team appealing to a potential buyer... one can only hope.

According to the sports sites this is a great trade. For the Spurs.

But don't worry the Bucks have assured us they aren't taking a step backwards.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    now they arent even going to go for keeping charlie v!

just think we get mike redd next year for 18mil!!!!! AWESOME!!!!!! hahahahahaha
    " EVERYBODY HAS A PLAN...UNTIL THEY GET HIT!!!!!!!"

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hrsp View Post
    just think we get mike redd next year for 18mil!!!!! AWESOME!!!!!! hahahahahaha
    lol

I haven't even watched more than 5 min. of basketball this year. It just seems so..... meh.

im going to the game this sat....to watch d wade light us up...
    " EVERYBODY HAS A PLAN...UNTIL THEY GET HIT!!!!!!!"