Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm not a fan of completely black wheels, I like a little contrast. Still love the car though, but more so with the TTII's
    Jamie

01 F150 Screw 5.4 4x4 99 VW Jetta 64 Olds Cutlass
    83 Cutlass Gbody Wagon 85 Suzuki GS700ES needs some new parts now

For saying that I'll swing by and do some smokey burnouts in front of your house . Nah, thats fair. I prefer the TT2's too, just trying something different for now. It was nice to have those as decent backup wheels for either Monte, now that they are black it will look goofy on the LS.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

Quote Originally Posted by PB86MCSS View Post
    For saying that I'll swing by and do some smokey burnouts in front of your house .
    I don't know you're pretty far away

It would be nice for someone to do some burn outs around here, my wagon is too weak and the 64 doesn't even have a rearend in it yet, let alone be running and off jackstands
    Jamie

If you NEED to keep the decals on the doors, maybe red letter sidewalls would complete the look? Looks sharp the way it sits minus the white letter tires
    iPedal : AIM:BMXpORK : Milwaukee, Wi : SUICIDEDOORS

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

More, recent, pics:

Probably switching back to the TT2's this weekend already. Went to the Monte Carlo Nationals this weekend and on my way down with the car the front right tire had a radial give way, causing it to warp badly . Luckilly it didn't blow out, the tires are in good looking shape but 10+ years old ,
    Last edited by PB86MCSS; 07-01-2009 at 07:56 PM.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

I like it. and keep the lettering.

I like this mc alot actually makes me miss mine being black a little. Ide also keep the red lettering , and get cowl hood maby?

93 z28- sold
    91gt Stang -Chevy powered just for all you fORD Buzzards
    86 SS Monte Carlo
    95 z28

Senior Member..now yer posting! SSScottSS's Avatar
    Looks like you should be running shine with that car

The 2" cowl hood looks great on these cars and fits the body lines but it is common, kinda (so are TT2's )...I plan to get one on my LS so I doubt I'll do the same to the SS. Thinking a ram air hood that I've had my eye on for a few years, its like the 96-02' Camaro SS hood for the ram-air design, IIRC.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

WHO LAUGHS LAST THINKS SLOWEST GRAMPS SS's Avatar

hey Paul.just saw tyhis...i'm getting old.....you know i'm a BIG fan of the Monte Carlo SS....the car does look sweet....to give it a more diff look...how about...JMO...turn the tires in so you have the black out...then take off the lettering and have it cut in satin black vinyl...you can always have new red lettering cut...i did it on mine..took off the red and had candy red lettering and trunk bow tie made...
    like the idea of the ram hood your thinking of doing...do it fast before someone beats ya to it...i did the cowl hood then everyone had one...i took off all the stripes and then everyone did it...so that's why i did what i did to mine...made it stand out of the crowd like your is doing...good luck with it Paul...she's a fine ride....
    R.I.P BOB BUDDY

Everyday driver...2010 EXPLORER

Weekend car....1970 DUSTER 340 Now with a 416 w/ EFI SIX PACK

Starting to grow on me.
    Looks like your starting to murder out the plate too
    Jamie

Yea...going all out. Soon I'll have the whole plate painted up .

Thanks for the compliments Wayne. There is a black SS in Mizzou with the hood I've wanted for awhile I saw in person last weekend, a few others in the country but none here that I know of. Just leery of the work involved to get the fiberglass hood to fit well. But as nice as the cowl's look on these cars, for the modified crowd its pretty common.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares